Foton FT404 shuttle shift broken. Advice needed

/ Foton FT404 shuttle shift broken. Advice needed #1  

philtyler

Tractor
Foton 404
Hiya all, has anyone ever had to replace the shuttle shift finger on a Foton FT404?

My tractor’s shuttle shift lever “flopped about” this Sunday passed, and left me with forward gears only. Looking at the parts book there is a roll pin that secures the external shuttle mechanism to the internal finger that moves the engaging sleeve backwards and forwards. I immediately guessed that the pin was broken or missing. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a little more serious. The internal finger has broken from its shaft, and to my surprise the shaft pulled straight out of its housing.

I guessed that (yes, another guess) when I removed the shuttle mechanism mounting plate I would see the finger resting on the engaging sleeve and I could easily remove it and fit a new one. As I am situated in country Western Australia, I ordered the needed parts from CircleD in Perth. I am not associated with CircleD in any way, but I shall give them a shout out and say they have always had Foton parts on the shelf when needed.

Although the engaging sleeve mounting plate is a decent size, sadly, when I removed it, the hole in the main casing is much smaller. Further, the finger is nowhere to be seen so I am guessing (again) that it has fallen to the bottom of the shuttle shift case.

On the opposite side of the shuttle shift is a large plate which when removed should allow me to scrape around under the gears to remove any bits in the bottom of the case. I haven’t taken it off yet.

The good news is that I ran the tractor forward to put it into the shed before I realised what the problem was and there have been no unpleasant noises. I have also removed the inspection plate on the top of the case but that really hasn’t helped me.

Has anyone fitted a new shuttle finger, and if so, how did you get it into place? Any advice will be appreciated. I am also considering buying one of those flexible inspection cameras to look inside should I not be able to locate the broken part. Regards Phil

/ Foton FT404 shuttle shift broken. Advice needed #2  
I'm having the same problem.did you get any answers?

/ Foton FT404 shuttle shift broken. Advice needed
I'm having the same problem.did you get any answers?
I did post another thread after this one explaining what I did to fix it. No one came up with any advice so I went my own way. My other post includes photographs. I went the way I did because splitting the tractor was too big a job for me. My second post is.

Foton FT404 shuttle shift broken. NOW FIXED​

/ Foton FT404 shuttle shift broken. Advice needed #4