Found this in the grocery store

/ Found this in the grocery store #1  

cstocks

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
I found this as I was walking by the magazine rack in a local grocery store so I bought a copy and scanned the cover to show you what Martha Stewart's new magazine looks like. A subscription would make a nice gift for any of you who might have a friend or relative living in the Big House.

Attachments

• 6-187133-mstewart.jpg
    6-187133-mstewart.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 72
   / Found this in the grocery store #3  
Quite a bit premature don't you think?
Also isn't this a bit slanderous?
If I were a betting man, I'd bet she won't
spend a single night in the big house!
JMHO! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Found this in the grocery store #4  
You're right about spending time in the big house. If anything, she'll probably go to Danbury Federal Prison. The country club of prisons. They have quite an alumni, the water gate crowd, the rev moon, anybody who's somebody goes there.

/ Found this in the grocery store
Yeah, somewhat premature and most likely slanderous.... if it were for real. Actually, this did not come from a magazine. It came in an email someone sent me the other day./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Found this in the grocery store #6  
Way I heard it, Martha's hiring Susan McDougal as a consultant on her new venture, and getting herself a color consultant to work up how to accessorize an orange jump suit.
She was gonna hire Lannie Davis to be her spokesmouth on the stock issue, but he's too busy over defending Metabolife.

/ Found this in the grocery store #7  
Dave,

I agree she won't likely spend any time behind bars. I also agree this is premature as there's not been a trial as yet, much less a conviction.

There is one point, however, on which I disagree. You said you believed this could be slanderous. It could not. I think you may have meant libelous. Slander is spoken while libel is written. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

It could be considered to be libelous were Stewart to sue and be able to prove quantifiable damages as a direct, sole and exclusive result of this.

Frankly, I think Ms. Stewart is taking most of these attempts at humor at her expense pretty well in stride. While shopping recently she was seen to pick up a shirt with a parody of her on the front, read it, smile and put it back on the rack.

/ Found this in the grocery store #8  
Along the same lines, here's another cover page recd via email.

Attachments

• 6-187552-pic30836.jpg
    6-187552-pic30836.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 77
   / Found this in the grocery store #9  
Very funny! I rank this right up there with the "Road Kill Helper" boxes someone came out several years ago. Clever and funny!

/ Found this in the grocery store #10  
the courts have consistently ruled that libel/slander laws are very hard to apply to "personalities" ... especially when the material is intented as (or is obviously) humor.