FOUND!!!!

/ FOUND!!!! #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301

This may not seem important, but I've been following it for a few days and was glad to see a happy ending... long before the above article was posted.

With all of the gloom and doom in the news, as well as here on TBN; it's nice to hear something positive for a change.
Also a big heads up to the Maine Warden Service who found them, as well as all everybody else who spent time looking.

/ FOUND!!!! #2  
I'm so happy this story has a good ending, because the worst wasn't too far off. Thank the Lord the Wardens found them; out of gas, stuck in the snow, they very well could have froze to death.

I'm pretty sure every network in New England has covered these women over the last few days.

/ FOUND!!!!
I'm so happy this story has a good ending, because the worst wasn't too far off. Thank the Lord the Wardens found them; out of gas, stuck in the snow, they very well could have froze to death.

I'm pretty sure every network in New England has covered these women over the last few days.
What got my attention was that I frequent the last store they were seen at and was there not long before they were.

/ FOUND!!!! #4  
What got my attention was that I frequent the last store they were seen at and was there not long before they were.

That's not all that surprising; it's not like there are a lot of options north of Lincoln. Still, it must have been a bit surreal seeing that security footage.

I guess one of them is being treated for hypothermia. This could have ended so poorly; had they been out one more night they wouldn't have made it. Not out of gas, not without heat in the night.

/ FOUND!!!! #5  
Yes, I was glad to see the positive outcome on this. I did wonder how close it was to you @Jstpssng, and whether you might end up finding them in the course of your travels.

All the best,

Peter

/ FOUND!!!! #6  
Yes, I was glad to see the positive outcome on this. I did wonder how close it was to you @Jstpssng, and whether you might end up finding them in the course of your travels.

All the best,

Peter

Oh wow, it made it all the way out your way? News really travels these days.

/ FOUND!!!! #7  
Oh wow, it made it all the way out your way? News really travels these days.
We have helped out on various back country search and rescue / retrievals out here, so I tend to notice stories like that one; most don't have great endings, especially after the length of time that they were stranded. I also have spent time in @Jstpssng's neck of the woods, so I have some familiarity with the area. Great for outdoors recreation, but not exactly densely settled, and I think that it is one of those parts of the world where it is pretty easy to get in beyond your abilities. I had a memorable hiking trip near there that went sideways overnight, with us waking up to snow flying horizontally, and progressed to floods taking out the trail, bushwhacking, downed trail signs, and coming across an abandoned campsite with a flattened tent and rusting gear. I still wonder what happened to that camper.

This was the the theme song for that hike;

All the best,

Peter

/ FOUND!!!! #9  
They certainly did have an angel watching over them!