Four corner 2325/6 gauge wheels

/ Four corner 2325/6 gauge wheels #11  
Ouch.

/ Four corner 2325/6 gauge wheels
I have replaced 1 rear gauge wheel with the Kubota (no grease fitting) equivalent. Costs for pin & wheel assembly were $32 delivered to my door. The pin fits while it is shorter than the MF and I did grind off ~1/8" off the shaft insert. It was too long to fit. Alternatively I could have gotten a longer bolt.

My solution for now is to just keep the wheels high enough to just barely touch any high spots. That's probably the way they were designed to work. The Kubota solution adds more options for height, more importantly they can be turned 90 degrees for removing/sliding the deck from underneath the tractor. At 73YO that's getting to be more important. ;-)

Last edited:
   / Four corner 2325/6 gauge wheels #13  
Interesting! I've already replaced the M-F ROPS "Mickey Mouse" lights with Kubota parts (at about half the cost of the M-F parts), and just last week picked up a set of bearings for my M-F snowblower -- in stock, no less!-- from the same nearby Kubota dealer. I thought they were quite reasonable at about $16 each, but don't know what M-F price might be (and maybe don't want to!). The blower is made by RAD Technologies in Canada, same as the Kubota blower, so most parts other than mounting specifics are interchangeable.

Nice to know Kubota gauge wheels are also a possibility! Got any pics??

Irvingj, I will take some pics later today. If you looked at my snow plow build thread, you can see that I used the Kubota version of the Quick Attach, and did need some mods, removing extraneous materials. It fits further back than the MF version knocking the power steering cylinder.

I am now considering getting a zero turn mower, just to cut the ~4 acres of yard, instead of beginning the annual (and costly) repairs of the mower deck.

Pics of the kubota rear wheel on 2325 mower deck

Attachments

• IMG_20170509_100631.jpg
    IMG_20170509_100631.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 201
   / Four corner 2325/6 gauge wheels #16  
"...just to cut the ~4 acres of yard..." Uh, yeah.. that would make a difference! My whole lot, which is mostly trees, is only a bit over 4 acres. And very little of it flat.... :( Takes me only about an hour to mow my lawn unless my OCD kicks in....

Sounds like a zero-turn might well be a better alternative in your case.

Still interested in your gauge wheels, however, thanks!

...Just saw your pic; not too shabby! And those were standard Kubota parts?

"Just saw your pic; not too shabby! And those were standard kubota parts? " Yup!

mewaschuk, I don't remember the part # anymore, but I got it from Messicks, Kubota Parts | Buy Online & Save It might have been this part #: K5221-72600 I can't find a pic nor specs for this # now. Spend some time on their site looking through the mower deck parts, and you should find it. Good luck.

I looked through the various parts diagrams and that does appear to be the part number for the whole assembly. I ordered just the post and a new wheel of the assembly. Post =$22.90, wheel = $8.65 axle/shoulder bolt = $8.16, washer = $0.10 and nut = $0.30 $40.11 for those parts.

You need to sign on as guest using your email address.

Last edited: