Free Oil

/ Free Oil #11  
I agree and would not try it in anything of value. Keep some for the "oil can" - anyone still have those. Donate it to someone with a waste oil heater. Post it to CL or FB.

This free oil is worth exactly what it cost. ZERO.

/ Free Oil #12  
If the Delo 30wt is unopened, I would not be afraid to run it in the summer. When I was on the farm, we used Delo with no issues. We bought it by the barrel. To me, it is equal to Shell Rotella or Texaco Ursa. I've had no issues with any of them.

/ Free Oil #13  
Chain oil has different additives that make it tacky amongst other attributes. None of those would work well.
Oil was used for years without additives... often it was just the "residual drippings" drained from cans after a garage did an oil change.
He may have to turn up the oiler a bit. For somebody who uses a lot of B&C oil in a year, they may even blend the two together.

/ Free Oil #14  
Oil was used for years without additives... often it was just the "residual drippings" drained from cans after a garage did an oil change.
He may have to turn up the oiler a bit. For somebody who uses a lot of B&C oil in a year, they may even blend the two together.
Motor oil = bars and chains not lasting as long as using the "right" stuff.

Used oil = other problem too, like it being harder on the saws oil pump.

SR

/ Free Oil #15  
You got heck of deal (y) can always soak wooden post.

/ Free Oil #16  
Motor oil = bars and chains not lasting as long as using the "right" stuff.

Used oil = other problem too, like it being harder on the saws oil pump.
Agree on not using used oil in a chainsaw. One other downside is that the gunk suspended in it could clog passages in the saw's oiler. Don't ask how I learned that... 🤬

Was it determined that this was used oil? I thought it was just a weight/type that didn't match any of the OP's equipment.

/ Free Oil
Agree on not using used oil in a chainsaw. One other downside is that the gunk suspended in it could clog passages in the saw's oiler. Don't ask how I learned that... 🤬

Was it determined that this was used oil? I thought it was just a weight/type that didn't match any of the OP's equipment.

All of the oil is new. Two containers were sealed unused.
I have some friends that may want the 5 gal of 30 w and the jug of rotella. I am going to drain and refill the bobcat drive chain case with some of it. The rest will probably sit until something comes up to use it for.