Freeman Loader Blew Cylinder Model 2000 169 Manure manual dump bucket help!

/ Freeman Loader Blew Cylinder Model 2000 169 Manure manual dump bucket help! #1  

Cyldesdalerider

Tractor
Ferguson
Hi Fellows and Gals

I need a lot of help here . I bought an old B275 diesel tractor with a Freeman manure bucket model 2000 (169?) and the cylinder blew on one of the arms. I asked all around from farm equip dealers to hydraulic repackers and no one wants to bother with it because it is "Old". The commercial hydraulic shop said leave it and they will get to it in a month if they can get parts and if they can fix it.....so is there anyway I can find the schematics diagram and a repacking kit so my handy man can attempt this? I know the shop said to buy 2 new ones because if they can fix this side the other will blow. Honestly I am being sold the Brooklyn Bridge here. thanks if anyone can help as to where I can get info and parts. Clydesdalerider

Attachments

• B275 with Freeman Loader.jpg
    B275 with Freeman Loader.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 1,058
   / Freeman Loader Blew Cylinder Model 2000 169 Manure manual dump bucket help! #2  
In the past owners have reported getting seals from:

Hydraulic Seals - Hercules Sealing Products | Cylinder Repair Kits - Quality Seals Fast.
Phone: 800-777-5617

Another Freeman owner wrote:
Mike - I have an old Freeman loader that uses the V packing. My old neighbor was a machinist and helped me repack the cylinders. We used a length that was longer than the circumference around the rod and cut it to fit. I remember that he cut one end in a swallow tail configuration, and the other end the opposite, so they would fit together. On mine, there was room to stack several pieces of v packing, overlapping the joints so they weren't lined up. It worked good. I used it on a JD with about 1200 PSI hydraulic pressure.

My cylinders did not have a piston in them - only a rod with a large external snap ring to keep the rod in the cylinder.

I would get the packing too large and cut it down. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Dave M7040