Front axle lube?

/ Front axle lube? #1  

hillwood

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010HST
It's time to do the first 50hr service on my NX. The manual states to change the front axle lube. The way I understand it you can use gear lube or transmission fluid. I believe I am going to put 75/90 synthetic back in. The tractor is always in a heated garage.
Just wanted to know what other people are using and any experience with different types of lube.
The manual states to change the hydro transmission filter and hydraulic filter only at 50hrs. A complete fluid change at 200hrs.
I really like this tractor. It has been great so far.

/ Front axle lube? #2  
For what it is worth, I used the same as the transmission/hydraulic fluid.

/ Front axle lube?
The owners manual states gear oil or same as transmission. I looked at and smelled the lube that is on the dipstick. Seems to be trans/ hydraulic fluid in it now.

/ Front axle lube? #5  
The owners manual states gear oil or same as transmission. I looked at and smelled the lube that is on the dipstick. Seems to be trans/ hydraulic fluid in it now.

yep, they come with the hydro fluid in them. I suspect because it is easier on the assembly line to keep one lube instead of two?. Anyway the manual states either.

/ Front axle lube? #6  
If the hyd/trans fluid is good enough to deal with transmission and rear axle stress, then it's sure good enough for the front axle. (so long as the manual states it is ok. Some oils and yellow metals don't play nice.)

Did you say that your manual for the NX5010HST does not ask for a transmission fluid change at 50hrs? On my 2014 DK45SEH it called for it, and I found the fluid to be a bit murky and definitely worth changing at 50hrs. I guess my question is whether or not Kioti/Daedong has changed the way they produce their transmissions, which resulted in a change in the owners manual to forgo that 50hr fluid change. Do they flush them now (or better) at the factory? This would be interesting to know.

/ Front axle lube? #7  
Never hurts to change the fluid. Make sure that that if you use gear oil that it is the correct weight. Not all gear oil is the same. My tractor calls for multi g 134 hydraulic oil in the transmission and the front axle, and the power steering.

/ Front axle lube?
Don't forget to check the loader mount bolts. Mine were loose. I got a 1/2 to 3/4 turn out of them. The manual states filters only at 50hrs for hydraulic system. Engine oil and filter. Front axle lube service.