Front Bucket won’t lift

/ Front Bucket won’t lift #1  

mausmus

Tractor
Farm pro 2425
Hi

I have a Farm Pro 2425 that the front bucket won’t lift on unless you engage the 3 point hitch to raise. You can see a substantial pressure increase in the hoses when you do this and the bucket will then raise. Has anyone had this problem. The tilt and curl seem to work properly
Thx

/ Front Bucket won’t lift #2  
Interesting. My tractor has the opposite problem when it is cold out. In order to raise the 3 point you have to lift the bucket up and hold the 3 Point lever in "UP" while lowering the bucket.

First things first, is the tank topped off properly? (probably, but had to ask...)

Second thing I have to ask is the suction screen in the tank (or spin on filter) clean?

If your system is plumbed the way I think it is, the pump feeds the loader valves, then it goes to the diverter valve for steering then back to the 3 point valve. There are two relief valves in this system. One in the loader valve and another in the 3 point valve. The one in the 3 point valve is for when the loader is disconnected or if your tractor never had a loader. This is the main pressure controlling valve for the entire system. You can never get more pressure than it will allow.

The relief valve in the loader control only affects the pressure available to the loader cylinders. In theory it should be set the same as or slightly lower than the main relief. A piece of dirt in the seat of either relief valve will not let them reach full pressure. Also it is not all the unusual for the relief valve in the loader control to come "loose" and lose pressure. As in the adjuster unscrews slightly, lowering the setting. It is constantly being pressed on by a spring and I have never heard of one "screwing itself in".

That's the basics. If it were my tractor the first thing I would do is mount a pressure gauge to a quick coupler and plug it into the upper (pressure) auxiliary port at the back of the tractor. When you pull the 3 point lever to full "up" it will display the maximum pressure allowed at the 3 point cylinder. I would think that you should be seeing at least 2300 PSI.

If you have good pressure there, then the problem is elsewhere. Likely the loader control. Probably the loader pressure valve has backed off some. Or it could be a problem in the valve itself. If you have good pressure to curl a heavily loaded bucket or something on forks but not lift the bucket then it is likely internal to the valve and not the pressure relief. That probably means take it apart, clean and inspect in order to figure out what is going on.

Please ask more questions if you have them and by all means let us know what the final solution is so others may benefit from your post.

/ Front Bucket won’t lift
Interesting. My tractor has the opposite problem when it is cold out. In order to raise the 3 point you have to lift the bucket up and hold the 3 Point lever in "UP" while lowering the bucket.

First things first, is the tank topped off properly? (probably, but had to ask...)

Second thing I have to ask is the suction screen in the tank (or spin on filter) clean?

If your system is plumbed the way I think it is, the pump feeds the loader valves, then it goes to the diverter valve for steering then back to the 3 point valve. There are two relief valves in this system. One in the loader valve and another in the 3 point valve. The one in the 3 point valve is for when the loader is disconnected or if your tractor never had a loader. This is the main pressure controlling valve for the entire system. You can never get more pressure than it will allow.

The relief valve in the loader control only affects the pressure available to the loader cylinders. In theory it should be set the same as or slightly lower than the main relief. A piece of dirt in the seat of either relief valve will not let them reach full pressure. Also it is not all the unusual for the relief valve in the loader control to come "loose" and lose pressure. As in the adjuster unscrews slightly, lowering the setting. It is constantly being pressed on by a spring and I have never heard of one "screwing itself in".

That's the basics. If it were my tractor the first thing I would do is mount a pressure gauge to a quick coupler and plug it into the upper (pressure) auxiliary port at the back of the tractor. When you pull the 3 point lever to full "up" it will display the maximum pressure allowed at the 3 point cylinder. I would think that you should be seeing at least 2300 PSI.

If you have good pressure there, then the problem is elsewhere. Likely the loader control. Probably the loader pressure valve has backed off some. Or it could be a problem in the valve itself. If you have good pressure to curl a heavily loaded bucket or something on forks but not lift the bucket then it is likely internal to the valve and not the pressure relief. That probably means take it apart, clean and inspect in order to figure out what is going on.

Please ask more questions if you have them and by all means let us know what the final solution is so others may benefit from your post.

/ Front Bucket won’t lift
Thx

I checked the pressure it’s at 2300. Full of fluid and clean screen. I took apart the loader valve and all looks good there cleaned it and reassembled it. Still same results. I even switched the lines on the loader valve with the tilt and curl and it still doesn’t work. I seems like it’s not getting enough pressure unless you raise on the 3point lever I haven’t checked the relief valve on the 3 point I’ll try that next. Any other idead
Thx

/ Front Bucket won’t lift #5  
Where did you put the gauge to check the pressure?

Everything is upstream of the 3 Point relief so if it was the problem you wouldn't see that much pressure anywhere else.

Did you swap the lines at the valve or at the cylinders?

The system may be providing 2300 but if the relief in the loader control has unscrewed (lowered) it would dump pressure back to the main line and not provide it to the loader.

So if the loader relief is say 600 and the 3 point relief is 2300 you would still see 2300 anywhere in the system except the lines going to the loader. The lift and bucket cylinders are the same size but it takes a lot less pressure to curl the bucket (especially empty) than it does to lift the entire loader, even if empty.

At this point is see it narrowed down to 3 possibilities.

Bad pressure caused by the loader relief valve. You can take the cover off and screw it in tighter to increase pressure

Bad line(s) going to the lift cylinder(s)

Bad cylinder(s) These are plumbed in parallel so if one is leaking it acts like they both leak.

I need to think a little more about the role that the 3 point valve is playing in this.

Did this start all of a sudden?

While you were operating it or did it work fine the last time and now it doesn't?

Was anything done to the tractor between it working and not working?

/ Front Bucket won’t lift #6  
Hello,

I have a Farm Pro 2010, The rear hydraulic is the same as the front, since I own the tractor the hydraulic was working amazing what happend the guy working on it disconect for easy acess to the engine part and since then didn't work...I have checked the fluid and replace filter but no change.