front end alignment

/ front end alignment #1  

mitch_lojek

Tractor
mf 1010
I have a mf 1010 4wd hydro. can anybody tell me how to adjust my front tire. on the vertical it seems to tilt approx. 5 deg. outward. the other tire seems fine. is there some kind of ajustment that can correct this? any help would be appreciated.

/ front end alignment #2  
Can you help me picture this a little better to make sure you just need a toe-in adjustment, the botton of the wheel (steel edge on the rim) sticks out away from the tractor more than the top? or the front of the wheel sticks out more than the rear?

For sure lift the wheels of the ground and spin them to look for bent rim probs, and then grab the top of the tire and rock in and out to make sure you have worn hub parts. and look for play in ball joint of the connecting rod. If these problems dont occur go to the toe-in procedure.

1. Mark the centerline of each tire at hub height and to the front of the axle using chalk.

2. Measure distance between the centerlines of each tire. Record the measurement.

3. Drive tractor forward or rearward slightly until chalk mark moves 180° to the rear of the axle.

4. Park machine safely.

5. Measure distance again between the chalk marks. Record the measurement.

6. Determine the difference between front and rear measurements:

NOTE: If front measurement is smaller, toe is "IN." If rear measurement is smaller, toe is "OUT."

MFWD Tractors - Distance may be larger at front or rear measurement but should not exceed 3 mm (1/8 in.). Adjust toe-in if necessary.

Adjusting Toe-In

1. Loosen tie rod nut on both tie rod ends.

2. Turn tie rod until toe-in is within correct specification.

IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Ball joints must move freely after you tighten tie rod nuts.

3. Tighten both tie rod nuts completely.

/ front end alignment
the top steel edge of rim sticks out more than the bottom of the rim. standing in front of tractor,the top of tire angles approx 5 deg. to the right.