Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this!

/ Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this! #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
I had been running the rough cut. Put it away and knowing that the finish mowere was to be next I went ahead and coupled to it that evening. Next time out, I left the optional deck flip hydraulic hoses in the mower deck's retainer holes since I would not be flipping the deck. Almost finished that day, I hear this odd clatter and shut down to investigate. Those hoses had shaken free of the retainers and had gotten under the mower during a reverse. Ruined the couplers and hoses and hose covers. So, this evening or tomorrow I get to replace those and sharpen the dinged-up blades. Moral of story: even if ya don't need them, hook'm up.

prs

/ Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this! #2  
deck flip hydraulic hoses in the mower deck's retainer holes since I would not be flipping the deck

Deck flip? On a FM? What is that all about? What brand is it? I need to see.

/ Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this!
The product is a MS-720 finish mower. I will provide a link below, the hydraulic flip up feature is #12 on their list. What is all about for me is this fellow with chronic lower back pain in past history does NOT want that ailment to return, the deck is heavy. I will be doing the repairs this afternoon, then setting the mower off, then coupling to the rotary broom to sweep my long driveway of chestnut burs, then setting the broom off and attaching an aerator to do the lawn. Then, whew, coupling to the finish mower to put it away. Then a tall cool one. ;-)

Ventrac MSMTMU Finish Mowers

Rooster

/ Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this! #4  
After horsing that mower deck up for a year , the best money I ever spent was to trade mine in on a new hydraulic flip up deck. It really cut down on back pain..... lol..... jim

/ Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this!
You got that right! Makes me feel down-right lazy. They need a kit like that for the tough cut, although it is not as heavy.

The repairs accomplished without any problems. Only one blade, the right one, was damaged and it only on one end just inward of the real cutting area. My All American sharpening jig made short work of that. The lawn got core aerated (pull behind unit and NOT the good Ventrac one) and the driveway was swept -- but this AM getting pretty well covered again with burrs, chestnuts, and deer. The cold brew was smooooth.

prs

/ Front implement hydraulic hoses, don't do this! #6  
At 76 I don't feel a bit lazy but it feels more like I want to grease and sharpen blades...... lmao.... jim