Front mounted brush cutter for BX23?

/ Front mounted brush cutter for BX23? #1  

Rusty4242

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
I like the idea of a front mounted brush cutter for my BX23, skidsteer style. Could get a gas powered unit form Northern Tool and adapt it to the bucket frame or use a hydraulic cutter with a PTO pump. Would beat having to ride over the brush with my low clearance before whacking it with a 3ph cutter. Does anyone have any experience with this type of rig? Rusty

First had a Fordson Major Diesel TLB, then a Ford 3500 TLB, both monsters, and now the ultimate power tool, the BX23.

/ Front mounted brush cutter for BX23? #2  
Nothing is impossible but in my opinion if thats what you want to do you have the wrong machine.

/ Front mounted brush cutter for BX23?
This machine suits my my wooded hillside well and I don't have much to brush hog. I like it's low COG up in the woods and being able to reach the hoe levers from the front facing seat position.

/ Front mounted brush cutter for BX23? #4  
Rusty4242

With a brush cutter in front your tires have to drive over the sharpened stumps. When brush hogging you allways go withe flow tires and tractor and mower push brush over sticks get cut at an angle. Go against it and you'll get good at fixing flats (only took me 1 time with 4 flats on and old 8h)

tommu56

/ Front mounted brush cutter for BX23? #5  
Here's a thought. If you only have a small space as you say, put a 40" Heavy Duty Gearmore rough cutter on the back, and perhaps some suitcase weithts on the front, and then ease down the hill backwards; that way, the cutter will preceed the tractor. Another option, get a DR walk behind brush cutter.