Front shaft removal?

/ Front shaft removal? #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
I have a new boot for the front shaft, but I can not figure out where and how to disconnect the shaft. Looks like there are pins holding the universal joint on the shaft - is it the place to disconnect?

/ Front shaft removal? #2  
czechsonofagun said:
I have a new boot for the front shaft, but I can not figure out where and how to disconnect the shaft. Looks like there are pins holding the universal joint on the shaft - is it the place to disconnect?

You need a service manual for the job, really.
It would also help if you mention which Kubota you have.

/ Front shaft removal?
B1750 with HST is my tractor. Thats bad news about the service manual:(

/ Front shaft removal? #4  
Agree about the service manuals. Very handy. Worth every penny. You can order them from Messicks.

/ Front shaft removal? #5  
Not exactly sure on your particular model but, on my B2400 here is a sleeve that allows the driveshaft to be seperated from the Bi-speed unit. You'd still have to remove driveshaft from the pillow block bearing that is in front of the u-joint to access the boot.

/ Front shaft removal? #6  
I don't know if this helps but heres a few pages from the B1550 parts manual.

Attachments

• Pages from B1550HSTD.pdf
    27.8 KB · Views: 781
   / Front shaft removal?
On the end it was much easier than I anticipated. The whole fix including cleaning and lubing was not more than 20 minutes.

- Took out bolts for the lower U-joint cover and moved it up the shaft to get to the spring pin.
- Used the right size punch to drive out the spring pin holding the U-joint to the front axle pinion.
- The U-joint after the pin is out just slides off the splines; first from the front axle pinion, then from the shaft itself.

Assembly is the same in reverse order.