Front tire problems

/ Front tire problems #1  

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have a JD3720 tractor and am not sure what to do. Then problem tire is an R-4 8ply 27X8.50-15 NHS bought in 2010 and 1300 hours on it. No fluid in the tire.

I rolled the front tire half off, removed it from tractor, wire brushed the rusty beads, took it to a tire dealer and had it reinstalled. A couple days later I noticed tire pressure was way down. I soaped down the tire and noticed a lot of leakage on a seam about 3/4" from the bead on half a dozen different spots around tire and one very smallish leak on tread part. A aired up tire will last 3 days before it is unusable.

The easy fix would be to put a tube in it. But, I want to replace both fronts.

I googled the discription on Amazon and up pops the size but it looks like a skid steer 14 ply tire. I have no idea of the exact circumference and I also have no idea what NHS stands for. The pattern is fine with me.

I guess I am looking for a little guidance as to which route to take before I order tires that won't work.

Thanks.

/ Front tire problems #2  
I'm not a fan of tubing a tire either. The NHS stands for "Not Highway Service". I would measure your current tire circumference and get something as close as possible in a non skid steer intended tire.
That said, I put 10 ply bar tread rears on my zero turn and can't really tell a difference between that and the OEM 4 ply.

/ Front tire problems
I had to go to a mechanic buddy's place and he suggested trying FixaFlat first. I agreed, so I will try that as that would be the super easiest fix, if it works.

/ Front tire problems #4  
I had to go to a mechanic buddy's place and he suggested trying FixaFlat first. I agreed, so I will try that as that would be the super easiest fix, if it works.
There are Way better products than fix a flat. Check out Multiseal. It's not really that cheap, like $19/quart, but it is suppost to stay semifluid in the tire/wheel, and the fibers suspended in the fluid will self seal future punctures too.

/ Front tire problems #5  
I would check the website and see what the application rate is; but it's supposed to be good stuff.
Screenshot_20240430_174159_Chrome.jpg

/ Front tire problems #6  
Or break the bead down and use a bead sealer.

/ Front tire problems #7  
I soaped down the tire and noticed a lot of leakage on a seam about 3/4" from the bead on half a dozen different spots around tire and one very smallish leak on tread part. A aired up tire will last 3 days before it is unusable.

I guess I am looking for a little guidance as to which route to take before I order tires that won't work.

Thanks.

So, half a dozen small leaks "3/4" from the bead, on a seam"; is it the tire or the rim leaking? It's very odd that a tire would have leaks 3/4" from bead, on the sidewalk, unless you rubbed something very nasty. If you mean it's leaking 3/4" from the bead, on the rim side; 2 cheaper options;
1: dismount, wirebrush, and tube
2: dismount, wirebrush, flexseal type product on the INside of the rim, remount

/ Front tire problems #8  
Are we sure the tire isn't being held off the rim by rust jacking? The small leak in the tread, just plug.