Fuel filter cap replacement

/ Fuel filter cap replacement #1  

chsdiyer

Silver Member
Tractor
XG3025H
I cracked the clear fuel filter cap today on my XG3025. I found a replacement filter local but was wondering if anyone knew where I might have luck finding a replacement cap. Is that something I should be able to find at an auto parts store? Or there is a Kubota, Massey, and John Deere dealers in town, is there a compatible replacement they may have. Or is it something where it'd be easier to just replace the whole assembly? The part number I found online is...
3​
40224977​
31A6200312​
CAP,FILTER​

/ Fuel filter cap replacement #2  
Order through the LS dealer? They may have one in stock. Is that an LS part #?
If it is, just put "MT" in front of the number, that would become a New Holland part number. (The XG3025 is the same as the NH Workmaster 25) that will increase your availability at dealers.

Hope you can easily find one.

/ Fuel filter cap replacement
Awesome, thanks. That is an LS number. I think there is a new holland dealer around here, but i'm not sure they sell smaller tractors, it's more for large equipment. I'll still give them a try. Wasn't sure if there was anything special about they LS assembly that I couldn't just buy whatever JD or the other brands put on their tractor and replace the whole thing. I would have thought at some level a lot of these parts are common/shared.

/ Fuel filter cap replacement #4  
40224977 is the LS number add MT and it becomes the NH number MT40224977
The second number 31A6200312 is the part that LS buys from a supplier and then give it their own number. IN this case it is FUEL FILTER CUP fits Farmtrac, LS, Montana, Mahindra, Caterpillar, Mitsubishi and is at least $10 cheaper than the LS or NH number.

/ Fuel filter cap replacement
I ended up getting the filter cap from the dealer a couple of hours away. It was the LS branded one and only $25, but the shipping was about the same :( Got it put back on and back running again. except for my new problem of running the PTO switch without being on the seat 🤦‍♂️