Oil & Fuel Fuel filter change/lift pump

/ Fuel filter change/lift pump #1  

RJArock

Tractor
8454 Cub, 250AS belarus
Hi Guys,

I own a Cub Cadet 8454 with a Diesel DaeDong motor. After changing the fuel filter it will not start. Was running perfect. Followed the protocol to bleed the air, air vent, fuel air stop cock , injectors nuts etc. No Luck. The fuel line going to the lift pump has plenty of flow. However, the fuel filter does not fill. Filled the fuel filter , re-bleed nothing. When I remove the line going from the mechanical lift pump to the fuel filter there does not seem to be a lot of fuel being pushed out ( less than an 1/2 inch). Should there be a pretty good stream coming out when i crank the engine? Several people insist it is an air lock and that these lift pumps rarely fail. Wondering if there may be some deteriorated rubber caught in the pump and what kind of flow should i see coming from these pumps

Fuel tank - Lift pump - Fuel filter -Injector pump

Appreciate any help or a method on manually bleeding these engines. They don't have a pump.

Bob

/ Fuel filter change/lift pump #2  
I know some put a in line primer bulb pump to bleed. Attwood makes them for boat motors.

/ Fuel filter change/lift pump
Thanks Bud

Would you put the pump before or after the fuel filter?

/ Fuel filter change/lift pump #4  
You have to remove the rubber line off the air vent port on the valve over the filter. With mine the line has a dip in it and it fills with diesel and wont let the air pass. If you remove the rubber line then turn the lever to airvent the filter will fill right up and you will be all set.