Fuel Filter Replacement 2816

/ Fuel Filter Replacement 2816 #1  

RandyHut

Tractor
Mahindra 2816
Has anyone considered replacing the small fuel filter with a larger spin on type? My 2816 has a real small filter cartridge that seems to clog easily. Am considering adding a small spin on fuel filter. My 2011 has only one season on it 110hrs and it has been a real issue, at least 3 or 4 filters replaced after being clogged. I even took the fuel sending unit out, looked in and it is 100% clean inside the tank.

/ Fuel Filter Replacement 2816 #2  
With that little run time your going to see that issue... I have the same filter on a small Maseey and do a service once a year no matter the hours. A good fuel treatment is a good thing too...

but also its hard to see sludge and build up by looking through the top of the tank.. have you done a full drain and clean out?

/ Fuel Filter Replacement 2816
Yes,
i drained it right after the first filter issue, cleaned a little crud from the tank, flushed it, refilled it with clean fuel. Have had to change it several times. I just added a 3" dia spin on fuel filter on the left side of the tractor today, removed the little filter element from the filter bowl, and it runs fine, with probably 25 times the amount of filter media. Now i think i will be able to just change it once a year.