Fuel Injecton

/ Fuel Injecton #1  

jmitch

Any body know were to get the rubber gaskets for the fuel lines from the tank to the injection pump. Took mine apart and they were realy hard to get out and have turned hard with age. By the way I have a MF 165 diesel. I was thinking about the beveled washers for sinks...
thanks

/ Fuel Injecton
I only go to the local dealer if I have to...They seem to think that their parts are worth three times more than what I can find on the net and they still have to order 'em. I.E. I broke the front axle pin and they wanted 900 bucks for the front axle and another 100 bucks for the pin. And a two week wait, I found it in MO for 300 and 50 and delivered to the front door. They want 25 bucks for the hydraulic filter in a MF 135, ouch..

As for the washers, I think I figured out a way, I was in the local hard ware store just looking and came across beveled faucet washers, I bought some and took my chain saw file and opened the center and used a 30-06 shell case cut in half and sharpened to make the diameter close to the same size. Now if the rubber will hold up to the diesel, TIME WILL TELL!

/ Fuel Injecton #4  
G'day if that doesn't work most inj repair shops will have them and should sell to you, it is a good idea to take along a sample as there is a couple of sizes.

Jon

/ Fuel Injecton #6  
I only go to the local dealer if I have to...They seem to think that their parts are worth three times more than what I can find on the net and they still have to order 'em. I.E. I broke the front axle pin and they wanted 900 bucks for the front axle and another 100 bucks for the pin. And a two week wait, I found it in MO for 300 and 50 and delivered to the front door. They want 25 bucks for the hydraulic filter in a MF 135, ouch..

As for the washers, I think I figured out a way, I was in the local hard ware store just looking and came across beveled faucet washers, I bought some and took my chain saw file and opened the center and used a 30-06 shell case cut in half and sharpened to make the diameter close to the same size. Now if the rubber will hold up to the diesel, TIME WILL TELL!

They will not hold up, and as a matter of fact you can plan on rebuilding the pump now also!
The fuel will melt the rubber you put in, probably taking out the pump and the injectors!
Only use neoprene with fuel!
Expensive lesson, but I guarantee that you will only do it once in your lifetime!