Oil & Fuel Fuel storage?

/ Fuel storage? #11  
I first tried to find off road at a pump, but coudn't. Then I was going to have a home heating oil company deliver ($1.52/gal plus sales tax = $1.62) then I just bought two 55 gal. drums and a hand pump that screwed right into the 2" bung, and drove to the supplier's business and filled the two drums for $1.25/gal. If your home tank has a large opening for filling, why couldn't you just pump out what you need from there? I bought a water separating funnel MrFunnel and it keeps trash and water from entering my tractor tank. Good luck, John

/ Fuel storage? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If your home tank has a large opening for filling, why couldn't you just pump out what you need from there?)</font>

That would work in cases where there weren't 90 degree elbows in it and the hose doesn't have to be too long. Mine has a couple 90s in the fill pipe and I would probably need about 12 feet of hose to get it out.

On an underground tank (no elbows and the fuel is closer to the surface) it would probably work fine.