Oil & Fuel Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level

/ Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level #1  

paddockbasha

Tractor
Universal Farmliner, Kubota L4400D
My neighbour has recently bought a 55hp Chinese tractor with engine made by Fujian Lijia Co limited. It has an oil reservoir on the diesel injector but there is no dipstick or any other marker to show how much oil is in the reservoir or how full it should be. Just a cap on the reservoir with the word "OIL" on it. Can't also see a level plug. Does anyone know how much oil should go in this reservoir or how full it should be and what type of oil to use?

Thanks

Andrew

/ Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level #2  
In this case a picture would be required. Is there a level plug on the end of the governor? It would look like a 6mm bolt head with a gasket or sealing washer.
Are you positive the injector pump/governor isn't oiled from the engine oil system?
For convenience you can use the same 15w-40 oil that you use in the engine.

Last edited:
   / Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level
Thanks for your reply Bob. Will see if I can get photos. Also will have another look after reading several other posts here. Neighbour and I had a good look yesterday but could not find anything that looked like a level plug but will look again. Pretty sure it isn't oiled from the engine because it has its own filler and reservoir attached to injector pump.

/ Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level #4  
They all have a sump. The sump is an integral part of the injection pump. The camshaft is in there. The camshaft also drives the governor.

Went back today to get a photo. After looking at the photos on other posts on TractorByNet with similar questions, I knew where to look for a dipstick and spotted it immediately. Similar to the Jimna set up which is hardly surprising. Just a couple of blind old blokes really "should've gone to Specsavers". Thanks again.

Tractor injector 003.jpg

/ Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level #6  
NO! What you have marked as "reservoir fill cap" and "dipstick" is for the engine oil, not the injector pump.

/ Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level #7  
Closer look at your pic reveals that your injector pump dipstick is to the left of the arrow. Some injector pumps require that you evacuate and add the oil trough the dipstick tube. The dipstick should be about 3" to 4" long. If you wish, you can add oil by removing the vent cap which is just to the right of the four barrel and plunger assemblies on top of the injector pump.

Last edited:
Tanks Bob. I'll pass your help on to my neighbour. Seems he needs to read the manual. Andrew

/ Fujian Lijia injector pump - oil level #9