Fusible Link

/ Fusible Link #1  

Dennisfly

Gold Member
Lake Anna, Virginia and Alleghany County, VA
Tractor
John Deere 4410
JD4410 was running fine until I turned it off and went to restart it. There was a millisecond of electric power then everything was dead. No lights, no nothing. The battery is good, terminals clean and tight, and 12.6 volts at the positive battery cable where it connects to the starter. Looking at a diagram, I suspect the F1 fusible link could be bad. Where is that physically located on the tractor? I checked fuses which are all good. Could it be one of the relays? Any thoughts are welcome.

/ Fusible Link #2  
From experience I burned out a fusible link on one of my Kubotas it looks like a loop of wire on a two flat plug connector going from the end of one circuit to the end of another. being stubborn and cheap, moronically replaced it with a thicker gauge wire (I definitely should know better) completely burned out and destroyed the lower harness and melted all plastic connectors. Fortunately didn't lose the tractor to a fire. It was an expensive lesson I learned. Might even be in stupid thread somewhere. The link on mine was around the starter it blew cuz cheap plastic butt connectors were used in a repair they were worn down lost there protective coating and arcing off metal components on the the tractor.

Last edited: