Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant?

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #1  

Snap50

Tractor
A critter in the yard chewed a small hole in our mower's plastic gas tank and I am hoping to find a repair sealant that will stand up to gasoline.
I am guessing a squirrel because there are scratch marks like they leave sharpening their teeth but unfortunately there is a small perforation in one spot.
The mower if old so finding a replacement tank could be a challenge so patching might be the best first shot at it.

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #2  
Best thing to try would be drain fuel out and heat a piece of metal and press against the area to reform and seal tank. You could also find similar type of plastic and add to hole. Weller 2 heat soldering guns have a tip for working with plastic. Good luck with repair.

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant?
SealAll claims to be unaffected by gas.
Any experiences with it?
Perhaps the soldering iron and sealant over it.

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #5  
Squirrel did the same to the corner of the SIL old Sears blower fuel tank and it was NLA. I cut strips off the top of a 5 gallon pail and used them and a small propane torch to rebuild it by melting the tank and strips of plastic together. Wasn't really hard but the melted plastic has absolutely no surface tension at all and 5 degrees over melting it would fall thru but I eventually got it.

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #6  
My Speeco woodsplitter fuel tank was chewed through several years back. I used the flat blade attachment on the soldering gun and welded it using strips of "filler rod" from a old antifreeze jug. It worked great and doesn't leak.

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #7  
Have you seen this type of repair????

willy

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #8  
For the white plastic fuel tanks used on some mowers. A hot glue gun will seal the hole and is not effected by gas.

/ Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant?
   / Gas Proof Plastic Repair Sealant? #10  
Body shop guys do amazing things with Rapid-Fix!
Check it out!
Good Luck!