Gator Help

/ Gator Help #1  

mrhomefinder

Tractor
New Holland Boomer 8n
Hey guys I have a 2011 Gator TX 4x2 with a carb issue (see diagram). it leaks from adjustment screw at the bottom of the. bowl (don't even know what this is for) I have rebuilt the carb thinking it was possibly the needle wasn't seating correctly or the float was bad and it's just overfilling the bowl. However, after cleaning and reassembling with new parts I have the same issue. I can stop the leak by closing the adjustment screw but then the engine will just flood and/or not run correctly. Does anyone have this problem? Any remedies? Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• Gator Carb Diagram.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Gator Carb Diagram.jpg
    Gator Carb Diagram.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 51
   / Gator Help #2  
What you are pointing to is the drain/screw, but the flooding would point to a stuck or bad float, or something under the needle valve.

/ Gator Help
What you are pointing to is the drain/screw, but the flooding would point to a stuck or bad float, or something under the needle valve.
Thanks for your answer. That's what I thought also and is why I rebuilt it using only John Deere OEM parts. I know about the drain plug but never seen one on a carb before or at least one that adjusts and is spring loaded that's what I meant about not sure what it is for. Again, thanks for responding.

/ Gator Help #4  
mrhomefinder
Welcome to TBN

Did the JD kit include the float and needle valve? Something stuck under the needle valve so it cannot shutoff the fuel flow?

Not fun to think about re-doing the carb, at least wouldn't be for me.

/ Gator Help
mrhomefinder
Welcome to TBN

Did the JD kit include the float and needle valve? Something stuck under the needle valve so it cannot shutoff the fuel flow?

Not fun to think about re-doing the carb, at least wouldn't be for me.
Thanks for your answer. New needle but same float. Float seemed fine

/ Gator Help #6