GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt

/ GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt #1  

zudnik

Tractor
GC1710
Picked up my gc1710 today. The 3pt wasn't attached. Dealer said that when the mower is on with the bh that the arms can't be on. I didn't think to grab pics when I was there of another tractor and it's about 2 hours away. Was hoping someone could take some close up shots so I have a reference for when I put mine on.

I put about 8 hours on it after I got home. Cutting the grass. Digging out 3 stumps. Moving some large rocks. Oh, and catching a limb on the ROPS and ripping it down (whoopsie).

Pics up tomorrow. Thanks

/ GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt #2  
Picked up my gc1710 today. The 3pt wasn't attached. Dealer said that when the mower is on with the bh that the arms can't be on. I didn't think to grab pics when I was there of another tractor and it's about 2 hours away. Was hoping someone could take some close up shots so I have a reference for when I put mine on.

I put about 8 hours on it after I got home. Cutting the grass. Digging out 3 stumps. Moving some large rocks. Oh, and catching a limb on the ROPS and ripping it down (whoopsie).

Pics up tomorrow. Thanks

I guess you took the idea of tractor breakin a little bit literally :)

/ GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt
Got it figured out. Wasn't bad at all, but I think the dealer was wrong. Looks like the arms can stay on all the time although may have to pull the pin to the lower arms. It's pouring now so no work today. Tomorrow will be different. Then later this week start digging a 3'x3'x150' trench for some new trees.

/ GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt #4  
Got it figured out. Wasn't bad at all, but I think the dealer was wrong. Looks like the arms can stay on all the time although may have to pull the pin to the lower arms. It's pouring now so no work today. Tomorrow will be different. Then later this week start digging a 3'x3'x150' trench for some new trees.

3 foot by 3 foot by 150 foot. Thats not big by geothermo trenching . . But we used a huge backhoe for a couple days. I'd say you're going to have a lot of dirt moving with that massey gc1710 backhoe. How many digging hours are you estimating ?

I guess I've never seen trench planting before . . . What kind of trees and what spacing and size are they now?

/ GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt
Planting a bunch of cedars along a row. I'd thought about using the FEL, but there are a lot of roots that I'll have to get through. If nothing else, I should be much smoother after all the practice than I am now. Right now I feel like an old man trying to play an xbox lol.

/ GC 17xx owners, please post your 3pt #6  
Planting a bunch of cedars along a row. I'd thought about using the FEL, but there are a lot of roots that I'll have to get through. If nothing else, I should be much smoother after all the practice than I am now. Right now I feel like an old man trying to play an xbox lol.

Zudnik . . Should be a great practice process . . . and oh my will it be a great excuse to someone else for having gotten a new tractor lol.

But are you planting arbivite type cedar shrubs or actual trees ? I'm asking because trenching implies planting things close together . . and I made that mistake years ago and ended up thinning out a ton after just a couple years. And three feet deep indicates big root balls like a 4 or 5 inch tree might have.

Anyway . . You'll sure get some seat time :)