GC1705 Maintenance Schedule & Capacties

/ GC1705 Maintenance Schedule & Capacties #1  

rossn

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1705
I have a GC 1705 and can't locate my owners' manual.

Can someone remind me the service intervals for oil and hydraulic fluids?

I'm using the Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Transmission Fluid (ATH) and Amsoil Synthetic Heavy Duty 10W-30/SAE30 Diesel Oil (ACD). I'm not sure if that changes the above intervals?

Also, what is the hydraulic fluid capacity?

Thanks!

/ GC1705 Maintenance Schedule & Capacties #2  
I do not know of any published guidelines for intervals with synthetic oil. You have to decide for yourself on how long you want to leave it in there.

Engine oil should be changed no less than annually, due to the possibility of acids building up in the crank case. That being said, if you are paying good money for a product like Amsoil ACD, you should be able to get more out of it. So, I haven't always changed my every year. (I never put more than 20 hours on my tractor in a year now).

As far as the transmission oil goes, since I don't operate in dusty conditions, it's not going to get contaminated. And, that's the biggest worry. I am using ATH, and I may never change it again. What's in there now, has about 300 hours on it. I will replace the filter at some point though.

/ GC1705 Maintenance Schedule & Capacties #3  
I have a GC 1705 and can't locate my owners' manual.

Can someone remind me the service intervals for oil and hydraulic fluids?

I'm using the Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Transmission Fluid (ATH) and Amsoil Synthetic Heavy Duty 10W-30/SAE30 Diesel Oil (ACD). I'm not sure if that changes the above intervals?

Also, what is the hydraulic fluid capacity?

Thanks!

Will this help?

Maintance 1-small.jpg Maintance -2-small.jpg Capacities-small.jpg

Dale

/ GC1705 Maintenance Schedule & Capacties
Thanks guys, appreciate the information.

Dale - that was super awesome, appreciate you taking the time to scan and share those!. Couldn't find my manuals amongst the remodel, so that was very helpful to me.