GC2300 power steering leaking

/ GC2300 power steering leaking #1  

rucafta

Tractor
MF GC2300
Hi, I just replace the 4264697M91 -COVER SET, ROD, A 0n left side, but I still get some oil out on the rod `when turn to right and after turn to left.
what can be wrong?
or that because some oil coming out when replace the cover on left side rod,and have air inside?

or do I have to replace the full ROD,as looks like have some scratches...
thanks

Attachments

• MF power steering.jpg
    MF power steering.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
   / GC2300 power steering leaking #2  
Mine leaks a lot intermittently right where the shaft come through the seal. It mostly just a a drip but some times the oil just squirts out in a stream . I think I have a seal that is moving around and twisting at times maybe. I have bought some of the internal o-rings/seals but to rebuild the cylinder, since I cant find a kit that would includes all the seals/o-rings.

/ GC2300 power steering leaking #3  
Mine leaks a lot intermittently right where the shaft come through the seal. It mostly just a a drip but some times the oil just squirts out in a stream . I think I have a seal that is moving around and twisting at times maybe. I have bought some of the internal o-rings/seals but to rebuild the cylinder, since I cant find a kit that would includes all the seals/o-rings.
I'm new here and I'm curious as to how you fixed yours, I went to a MF dealership and was quoted $300 parts 200 labor

/ GC2300 power steering leaking #4  
I'm new here and I'm curious as to how you fixed yours, I went to a MF dealership and was quoted $300 parts 200 labor
Did the o-rings and seals fix it?

/ GC2300 power steering leaking #5  
When the bracket was bent, it may have slightly worn/scratched the rod. If the case, AFAIK only solution is to replace. Depending on the size of the leak, it's easier to add a bit of oil in a 15+ year old machine. If oil isn't dripping off or squirting out, I would say leave it. It will never get better, but may not become worse, just keep an eye on it.