GC2310 vs. Kioti CK20HST?

/ GC2310 vs. Kioti CK20HST? #1  

chelydra

Silver Member
Tractor
Ditch Witch
I was just about to make an offer on a Kioti CK20 TLB, when a dealer strongly suggested the MF GC2310. I'll be plowing snow and landscaping about 3 acres - no mowing, etc. planned.

Looks like a good deal on a slightly more powerful machine: $16k vs. about $17.5k, and a couple more horsepower. He also claims that the drive is better matched - can't really spin the wheels on the Kioti, meaning that low range may not be low enough.

Any thoughts on all this?

Thanks in advance!

/ GC2310 vs. Kioti CK20HST? #2  
Both are fine machines. The GC is a sub-CUT, the CK is a small frame CUT. So the GC will have a lower center of gravity and less ground clearance. The GC is likely the better mower, but you say you are not mowing so that is a non-issue. GCs are well thought out and highly refined little machines. The CK would likely be better at plowing snow simply because it is going to be heavier. I'm not really sure how you are judging power other than gross horse power, I suspect the CK has a more powerful loader and more powerful 3pt.

On a side note: Why would you want to spin the wheels? And couldn't it simply mean the relief valve is releasing before the wheels spin? As long as it doesn't release too early it is not a big deal.

For light landscaping on 3 acres, I'd probalby buy the one for $16K, whichever one that is.

/ GC2310 vs. Kioti CK20HST? #3  
If this would have been GC2310 VS BX23 I would have chosen GC2310. In my view the CK20 is more tractor I would definitely choose kioti... cag

/ GC2310 vs. Kioti CK20HST? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Both are fine machines. The GC is a sub-CUT, the CK is a small frame CUT. So the GC will have a lower center of gravity and less ground clearance. The GC is likely the better mower, but you say you are not mowing so that is a non-issue. GCs are well thought out and highly refined little machines. The CK would likely be better at plowing snow simply because it is going to be heavier. I'm not really sure how you are judging power other than gross horse power, I suspect the CK has a more powerful loader and more powerful 3pt.

<font color="red"> On a side note: Why would you want to spin the wheels? </font>
And couldn't it simply mean the relief valve is releasing before the wheels spin? As long as it doesn't release too early it is not a big deal.

For light landscaping on 3 acres, I'd probalby buy the one for $16K, whichever one that is.

)</font>
==========
<font color="brown"> I think it's a matter of traction rather than desiring wheels that will spin.
</font>
lol

/ GC2310 vs. Kioti CK20HST? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was just about to make an offer on a Kioti CK20 TLB, when a dealer strongly suggested the MF GC2310. I'll be plowing snow and landscaping about 3 acres - no mowing, etc. planned.

Looks like a good deal on a slightly more powerful machine: $16k vs. about $17.5k, and a couple more horsepower. He also claims that the drive is better matched - can't really spin the wheels on the Kioti, meaning that low range may not be low enough.

Any thoughts on all this?

Thanks in advance! )</font> <font color="orange"> These 2 tractors ae not in the same class. </font>