GC2400 Won't start

/ GC2400 Won't start #1  

Fiziksgeek

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
I spent a 2-3 hours cleaning up some brush with my chipper, then parked the tractor in front of the garage to come in for dinner, with the plan of putting it to bed after eating. Went back out and it wouldn't start. Checked all my levers, and still nothing. Decided to leave it out for the night.

Just went out to take another stab at it and nothing. I put the key into the start position, and can hear a faint click as I move the hst selector level from neutral to high or low. Also hear the faint click when I move the PTO from off to on and back. I assume those are the safety relays, and the click would indicate they are working...?

I sat on the tractor, and played with the forward/reverse pedals, still nothing. If I'm not in gear, it shouldn't matter is the pedals return to neutral, though they were just fine yesterday when I was operating. And the seat switch is tied in with the PTO switch, never needed to be in the seat to just start the tractor before....

What else could I be missing?

/ GC2400 Won't start
I popped the hood and check the fuse box, nothing blown.

/ GC2400 Won't start
So it started....

My wife came home from shopping and wanted to "help" so she started googling. Asked me if I had purged air out of the fuel line. Said I would consider that if the engine was turning over.....She started asking about fuses, I said I checked them. She started talking about fuses down by the starter. I looked, and it was a thread about a GC2300, but I didn't know if I had additional fuses else where. We went and looked, didn't see any...

There is one fuse box with 2-40 amp fuses which I showed her were fine, then there other fuse box with various size fuses, I pulled one of them to show her what they should look like. I put it back in, closed the box, and gave the key a try....and it started right up....

So WTF...was the fuse lose? or was this just a coincidence? I'm thinking the latter..but the wife is convinced she just fixed my tractor.....!