Comparison getting a compact tractor, trying to decide MF vs JD

/ getting a compact tractor, trying to decide MF vs JD #11  
From the work you describe, I think you are looking too small. You need to be looking at tractors in the 45 to 60 hp range. Not for the horsepower, but for the weight and lifting capability. Also just for traveling over that much land you will find the larger tractor more comfortable. They ride better.
rScotty

/ getting a compact tractor, trying to decide MF vs JD #12  
Are the JD you are considering R or E series? Would the BH be the JD factory style install (with sub-frame)? I would not consider a 3ph backhoe with no subframe in any event.

/ getting a compact tractor, trying to decide MF vs JD
Thanks for all the advice and comments. After due consideration and checking out both machines, we went with the MF1726E than the JD3025E for several reasons noted in the OP and follow-up comments. Most of the tractor tasks will be w/in a couple hundred yards of the house, and none of the holes and trenches we will be digging should be more than two or three feet deep. A bigger machine might have more applications, but this 1726 will fit into tighter spaces around the property and through the trees, and we don't foresee the need for lots of PTO power. I think we are good to go!

D.

/ getting a compact tractor, trying to decide MF vs JD #14  
Good luck with the new machine and post some pics of it.