Getting a PT Unstuck

/ Getting a PT Unstuck #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
I have not seen a comprehensive thread on how owners get there PT unstuck. I would like to hear techniques that you use. I have a boat whinch on the back (see attachment) and have used the PT wiggle (steering left to right and back over and over while applying power to the wheels).

Maybe nobody else has got their PT stuck. There must be more swamps than mine.

Attachments

• PT lifted by 2 inch rec closeup samll.JPG
    PT lifted by 2 inch rec closeup samll.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 298
   / Getting a PT Unstuck #2  
Yup... I've used the "wiggle" to get out of deep mud several times. :D It's actually pretty difficult to get the PT stuck. Sometimes you can use the attachment (e.g. bucket or mini hoe) to help you manuver out of trouble. Once the body got stuck up on a pile of mud and dirt so the wheels couldn't grip no matter how much I articulated. I just pulled up my ATV and winched her out.

/ Getting a PT Unstuck #3  
I've never gotten stuck in mud as we have sand. When stuck in sand, I just dump the bucket, push it into the sand and then curl the bucket while stepping in reverse. Works great for sand.

I have also gotten wrapped around a tree or three and up against a neighbor's fence. Both times I was able to turn, push down with the implement to get the front tires off the ground, turn, lift, turn, push, turn, lift, etc... until I got away from the obstruction.

/ Getting a PT Unstuck #5  
I haven't gotten my PT-425 stuck since I have:

#1 Reversed my wheels!

#2 Stayed out of places where I could get stuck!

#3 Reversed my wheels! (Oh! Did I already mention that!??!)

Attachments

• Bang Head  .gif
    Bang Head .gif
    904 bytes · Views: 186