Oil & Fuel Getting DIESEL smell OUT of your clothes

/ Getting DIESEL smell OUT of your clothes #11  
Bob thanks for the great story. My better half is already on her way to pick up a gallon of Simple Green. I haven't had an accident yet, but it is bound to happen.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Getting DIESEL smell OUT of your clothes #12  
Quick on that one, Andy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's Buckeye country on my land though... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Getting DIESEL smell OUT of your clothes #13  
I like the simplegreen for shop rags... Purple stuff works great in general for grease/etc.. but is a bit hard on fabric...

Soundguy

/ Getting DIESEL smell OUT of your clothes
I used a 16 ounce bottle of Simple Green in the laundry with my daughter's school uniforms. I can tell you that a full bottle will be enough.

My wife put in about 3 ounces, when she turned her back I dumped the rest of the bottle in, because at that point in the night I had nothing left to lose. Sorry I cannot tell you how little it takes to get the smell out, but I can tell you that 16oz will eliminate the problem.

As for TAR, I am very happy to report that I have had NO INCIDENTS involving that product. And on Sunday last week I prayed in church that I never would have any run-ins with the stuff.

GREASE is easily removed from body and clothing with Lestoil, but then wash the clothing again with some (you don't need the whole bottle) Simple Green to get rid of the Lestoil smell. And just for refernece, Lestoil smells like fine French purfume compared to diesel.

Of course, at Christmas time I doubt that the lovely bride, sainted woman that she is, will accept a giant economy jug of Lestoil with the same enthusiam that she might accept one of those tiny bottles of "Chanel Number 5" that cost so much!!! And to be honest, it is too cold in the wintertime where I live to endure more than a few days out at the dog house.

Since momma drown all the dumb babies when I was young, I have begun to wonder if that means I am smart, or if I just wasn't too dumb?