Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Getting Ready

/ Getting Ready
Interesting. I'm sitting in a nice warm cab so it's not a huge issue, but I might try it just for grins.

/ Getting Ready #12  
Blowers are expensive and certainly worth the time you are putting into the paint job. My Luck Now blower sat outside for many years, and got painted last year. I was dreading a rattlecan or brush job, so I decided to invest in an air sprayer.
As far as rounded chutes... they make all the difference in the world. Luck Now uses 12” round chutes getting the powder further away before it’s all over the place.

/ Getting Ready #13  
Hello PHPaul,

it would be worth your while to check and see if they offer an extended chute for your snowblower as it would get almost all the snow dust away from you when there is no wind.

=======================================================================
Extended as in taller, or extended as in a longer snout on the deflector? If you mean extended as in taller, DONT DO IT. Our Loftness came from a municipality with a 6' tall "truck loader" chute on it and cutting it down a couple of feet greatly reduced the number of clogs that we get in the chute and made it throws snow significantly farther.
Yup, but I opened the pipe up so it carried up the sides too. The snow was traveling up the shoot, hitting the deflector and deflecting all over. The pipe kept it more contained so it was a smoother transition from the shoot to out the end of the deflector.
I will have to try that, I actually have a piece of HDPE up there which made a big difference but I may try putting another piece sideways to simulate rounded corners.

Aaron Z

/ Getting Ready #14  
The extended chutes they offer are smaller in height so they are not that tall.

/ Getting Ready #15  
The extended chutes they offer are smaller in height so they are not that tall.
::confused:: the extended chutes are smaller than what in height?
Are you saying that they are shorter than my "truck loader" chute was? I would hope so, it was a pain to try to fit under the trees.

Aaron Z

/ Getting Ready #16  
Yes shorter than your truck loader chute.

/ Getting Ready #17  
This reminds me of when I rebuilt my McKee blower a few years ago. I also had to reline the impeller housing though. It was worn out from 30 to 35 years of blowing a gravel road.

Something you might consider doing, it looks like your blower has a flat plate at the top of the shoot. Find some thin wall pipe, split it and weld it to the flat plate. I did that with mine and it sure made a difference in how far it would blow the snow and how much loose snow was blowing back on me.

I just ran across a picture that will give you an idea on putting the split pipe at the upper end of the shoot. It isn't very good but may help.

DSC05861.JPG

/ Getting Ready #18  
Nice work

Have you thought about adding rubber to the impeller? I know a few guys that havr done this to walk behind units and notice a big difference in how far the snow goes and less chute clogging.

/ Getting Ready
Nice work

Have you thought about adding rubber to the impeller? I know a few guys that havr done this to walk behind units and notice a big difference in how far the snow goes and less chute clogging.

That was actually one of my goals.

When I got the auger off so I could get at things, I checked the clearance all around the impeller and the largest gap I found was perhaps 1/4 of an inch, and tighter than that in most cases so I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

It has always thrown a pretty good distance anyway. I am going to try the half-round idea tho.