Getting rid of Bahia grass

/ Getting rid of Bahia grass #1  

Clint199

Tractor
JD 4500 w 460 loader and MF 230
I am looking for information on Bahia grass. I live central Texas and grew up around coastal Bermuda hay fields. Over the past 20-30 years, many of the costal fields have been taken over by Bahia. It produces so many seeds and spreads from the roots it takes over. Does anyone know what to spray to kill it that won’t kill the Bermuda. Many herbicides that will kill it will also kill the Bermuda. MSMA will stunt it but it has arsenic as an ingredient. Any thoughts will help. Thanks

/ Getting rid of Bahia grass #2  
The only way I know how to get rid of it is like killing Johnson grass. In the southeast we use a wick bar. Let the bahaia shoot and run a wick bar over it with Roundup. It takes a few times but it will work.

/ Getting rid of Bahia grass #3  
There used to be a herbicide by the trade name of "Red Panther" that would kill bahaia and not bermuda. It was used on cotton. It unfortunately was banned years ago. What will kill johnson grass and centipede should also work to eradicate bahaia. Bahaia grass is a major headache for homeowners who are trying to grow bermuda or centipede yards in south Alabama.

/ Getting rid of Bahia grass #4  
I am looking for information on Bahia grass. I live central Texas and grew up around coastal Bermuda hay fields. Over the past 20-30 years, many of the costal fields have been taken over by Bahia. It produces so many seeds and spreads from the roots it takes over. Does anyone know what to spray to kill it that won’t kill the Bermuda. Many herbicides that will kill it will also kill the Bermuda. MSMA will stunt it but it has arsenic as an ingredient. Any thoughts will help. Thanks
MSM 60 DF use 1/2 ounce per acre and use a surfactant, it hasn't hurt my Alicia Coastal and I spray it twice a year, it's a granular and I usually mix mine in a bucket with a battery powered drill and a paint paddle prior to pouring it into the sprayer.