glo plug 4110

/ glo plug 4110 #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
My 4110, glo plug light doesn't light when I turn key to left. I do hear a relay click in. How would I check it? I tried to start the machine tonite for first time this season. Kept in heated garage all winter and couldn't start as battery ran down. The battery was charged up pretty good as had trickle charge on it for a while before starting. Maybe the battery is just tired and not enough zip. I am wondering if the glo plug heat might have helped start even though the tractor is in a 65 degree garage. Got a lot of smoke; it just wouldn't catch and run.

Cheers...Coffeeman

/ glo plug 4110 #2  
Sure sounds like a dead glow plug(s)to me? Check with ohm meter. You need around 1 ohm.....

/ glo plug 4110 #3  
coffeeman - mine did the same thing with the glo lite for about a year, the relay would operate but the lite was out. I never had any trouble starting while the lite was inoperative but my battery was strong. All of a sudden one day the lite started working again and still does - I never did delve into what was wrong as it didn't cause me a problem. Hope your battery is all that's wrong.

/ glo plug 4110
skipmarcy said:
coffeeman - mine did the same thing with the glo lite for about a year, the relay would operate but the lite was out. I never had any trouble starting while the lite was inoperative but my battery was strong. All of a sudden one day the lite started working again and still does - I never did delve into what was wrong as it didn't cause me a problem. Hope your battery is all that's wrong.

skip

I threw a quick charge on to the battery and started right up. I really never had any problem starting before and I haven't had any trouble since; same battery. I think you have a repair plan that I can live with. Let it go untill it fixes itself.

Coffeeman

/ glo plug 4110 #5  
My 4110 does the same thing some times. You might want to check the fuse and make sure it is not loose. This always works for me.

/ glo plug 4110 #6  
The operating glow plugs sure are handy in cold weather. I've started mine down around zero just by hitting the glow plug and letting it heat for about 30 seconds before cranking.

/ glo plug 4110
Keith_B said:
The operating glow plugs sure are handy in cold weather. I've started mine down around zero just by hitting the glow plug and letting it heat for about 30 seconds before cranking.

I wonder if using the glo plug might be a good idea even in 50 - 60 degree weather. I'd guess the engine might start a few seconds faster and less wear on starter. I wonder.....??

Cheers