Glow plug bad?

/ Glow plug bad? #1  

kubota shifty

Tractor
kubota 43h
I have a Kubota 4310 that's about 20 years old. The glow plug light on the dash just started behaving badly. It doesn't go off but I can hear clicking and the tractor starts fine (of course it's summer). Then it goes off after driving a short distance but sometimes comes back on. I'm wondering if replacing the glow plug isn't too difficult and if maybe that's the problem. The most I've ever done on the tractor myself is replace the battery but I'm fairly handy. Thanks.

/ Glow plug bad? #2  
I'm not familiar with your machine but this is usually a indication the glow plug controller / glow plug timer is going (or has gone bad)... You don't really want to run it that way as it will substantially shorten the life of you glow plugs; which are probably still good....

Here are a couple of threads on you issue: (hope they help)

Kubota L4310 Glow Plug Problem

Glow plug wiring help needed

/ Glow plug bad?
I'm going to be a pansy and have the tractor guy come do it. Too much to fix on my property to do this also. Thanks very much for the advice.

/ Glow plug bad? #4  
I have a Kubota 4310 that's about 20 years old. The glow plug light on the dash just started behaving badly. It doesn't go off but I can hear clicking and the tractor starts fine (of course it's summer). Then it goes off after driving a short distance but sometimes comes back on. I'm wondering if replacing the glow plug isn't too difficult and if maybe that's the problem. The most I've ever done on the tractor myself is replace the battery but I'm fairly handy. Thanks.
That's about the age that we had to replace the glow plugs on the Benz 240D. I had it done by the dealer, but it should be no more difficult than replacing spark plugs.