glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration?

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #11  
....I never had any problems.
Problem would happen if you were to use the tank AFTER spraying 2,4D (you clean like you normally would) then use the sprayer on a sensitive crop like like cotton. You *might* get it clean enough but it takes just molecules of 2,4D to screw up some plants.

If you are using the tank to kill one thing vs. killing another thing - you don't even need to clean it. I guess the OP needs to state what else his plans are for the tank...

Grass can handle 2,4D google says the normal rate for 2,4D on perennial grasses; "Use 2 to 4.2 pints of product per acre per application". That's why you never had a problem.

I'm guessing most of us just use the tanks for killing only... the research station I worked at had separate sprayers for 2,4D since they killed thousands of dollars of research plots one year.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #12  
Problem would happen if you were to use the tank AFTER spraying 2,4D (you clean like you normally would) then use the sprayer on a sensitive crop like like cotton. You *might* get it clean enough but it takes just molecules of 2,4D to screw up some plants.

If you are using the tank to kill one thing vs. killing another thing - you don't even need to clean it. I guess the OP needs to state what else his plans are for the tank...

Grass can handle 2,4D google says the normal rate for 2,4D on perennial grasses; "Use 2 to 4.2 pints of product per acre per application". That's why you never had a problem.

I'm guessing most of us just use the tanks for killing only... the research station I worked at had separate sprayers for 2,4D since they killed thousands of dollars of research plots one year.
Glyphosate (Roundup) will kill most actively growing plants, so good cleaning after that chemical is important if you want to spray 2-4-D on the lawn to kill broadleaf weeds.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #13  
Glyphosate (Roundup) will kill most actively growing plants, so good cleaning after that chemical is important if you want to spray 2-4-D on the lawn to kill broadleaf weeds.
I agree with you somewhat but I was assuming, a near empty tank after RoundUp would only leave a trace amount of it. After you refill the tank with water for a 2,4D spray, that trace amount would not effectively hurt a thing. Now the (full strength) residue left in the spray boom, that is another story!!! Yes, clean the tank....

Last edited:
   / glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #14  
I agree with you somewhat but I was assuming, a near empty tank after RoundUp would only leave a trace amount of it. After you refill the tank with water for a 2,4D spray, that trace amount would not effectively hurt a thing. Now the (full strength) residue left in the spray boom, that is another story!!! Yes, clean the tank....
Agree. Just a triple rinse and flushing the boom would be sufficient.