GM to Recall 1.3 Million

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #11  
Yeh, Scary thing is, they are using drive by wire technology in the steering os a lot of vehicles today. Chevy impala/malibu comes to mind. Thats ok in a multi million dollar aircraft, not a 20k car. Just my 2 cents.

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #12  
the reason your dealer knows nothing about it is because your service manager does not read his mail from gm, we put a stop sale on 3 used units as advised by gm at the first of last month. The recall does not show up when you pull a VIS on the vin for the cars that are in the recall. Parts are just now becoming available for the repair. After the bailout for us ***** motor's employess gm switched parts makers on alot of things, ive got an impala with a coolant leak that has been here for 45 days waiting on gm to find somone to make a part for it.

call your dealer tell them to look up
Document ID: 2426737
10023A: Product Safety - Loss of Power Steering Assist - Replace Electric Power Steering Motor - (Mar 29, 2010)

and find a new dealer !

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million
So what happens with the Impala that is there for a month and a half? Does the owner get a loaner?

By the way I was in Tulsa/Sapulpa area at our plant yesterday for work. Great weather but a little windy.

Chris

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #14  
a crossover pipe that has 2 different designs, 1 3 bolt one 4 bolt. 3 bolt ones are available but 4 bolt ones are not. causes a coolant leak. Its been very wendy down here, red flag fire alerts and looks like we are about to get our easter storm we get every year.
They are always working on that plant, i was told there is a guy who lives close to me that invented some kind of plastic bottle makin thing that they use there and it made him a rich man.

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #15  
I'll try to get the recall attended to this week. I'm going in for the Cobalt clunk (Lower control arm bushing failure). I went in a few days ago to purchase the part as I was told by my dealer it wouldn't be covered since I was over the 36K and as always I'm the only one they've ever heard of no matter if the whole country is having the problem. So I'm at the counter and a tech comes in to get a part for the shop and he says I see you got the Cobalt clunk. I respond yes and isn't it funny how I'm the only one to have this problem but your parts department has several bushings in stock hehehhe. He said they change several every week. The parts guy hears this conversation and speaks up. How many miles you got on your car. I respond 37K. He says let me talk to the service manager about this. I go in next week to have it changer out under full warranty. Last week I was the only Cobalt to ever see a failed bushing and sorry about your luck. This week I'm getting it fixed for free. Maybe this whole Toyota thing will get Mfgs to step up to the plate.