Got my first Steiner...

/ Got my first Steiner... #1  

Lnk

Gold Member
Tractor
Ferguson to-20, Deutz D7007, Yazoo yhr-60, Gravely 5240, Gravely C8 and model L,
Well, I was trying to help out a college friend of my daughter, he was looking for a motorcycle. I picked him up a Buell Blast and went through it, new tires, battery, master cylinder, blah blah blah. Anyway, he wasn't coming around to make his purchase. I asked him if he wanted it or not. He didn't. I told him not to worry, I can sell it and get more than my money out of it.

Browsing the local Letgo app, a guy has a Steiner 220 in great shape, he wants a grand for it. I noticed in the pictures he has motorcycles. I asked him if he was interested in a trade. Sure enough, he is looking for a beginner bike for his daughter. I load it up and head out to trade. We both are happy. I now have a Steiner 220 with a 60" deck and traction boost. The Onan engine runs like a top. I have no idea how many hours are on it. I had about $650 in the Buell. Here are the ad pics. Screenshot_20200319-200653.pngScreenshot_20200319-200648.png

Ordered the owners and parts manual off eBay. I ran it through my orchard and it mows nice.

/ Got my first Steiner... #2  
Those 220's are Blasphemy in Steiner world of owners lol (sorry had to throw that out there).
The traditional Steiner Articulating Awd models are what most consider to be Steiners. Not that there's really anything wrong with your 220 style machine as it still has the front attachment system used for all other Steiners so it's very useful for adding something different on the front. I personally use my 420 for a variety of things but mostly it's for clearing my 400ft driveway in the winter. I use the rotating 54" brush and it's a great machine for that purpose. The 220's were mostly known for use with a mower deck and not much else. The Steiner deck cuts pretty nicely too as you've noticed. High grass not so much as it is a finish deck not a rough cut deck and of course there's one of those available from Steiner also which is pretty good too.
But, good luck with it and get some Steiner accessories for the front of it. I have the Full loader, 48' mower deck, a leaf blower that blows leaves into the neighbors yards lol, and the 54" Rotating brush. I love my Steiner 420.
Here's one using the loader in about 36" of snow. Moving snow with a Steiner - YouTube

Steve

/ Got my first Steiner...
Those 220's are Blasphemy in Steiner world of owners lol (sorry had to throw that out there).
The traditional Steiner Articulating Awd models are what most consider to be Steiners. Not that there's really anything wrong with your 220 style machine as it still has the front attachment system used for all other Steiners so it's very useful for adding something different on the front. I personally use my 420 for a variety of things but mostly it's for clearing my 400ft driveway in the winter. I use the rotating 54" brush and it's a great machine for that purpose. The 220's were mostly known for use with a mower deck and not much else. The Steiner deck cuts pretty nicely too as you've noticed. High grass not so much as it is a finish deck not a rough cut deck and of course there's one of those available from Steiner also which is pretty good too.
But, good luck with it and get some Steiner accessories for the front of it. I have the Full loader, 48' mower deck, a leaf blower that blows leaves into the neighbors yards lol, and the 54" Rotating brush. I love my Steiner 420.
Here's one using the loader in about 36" of snow. Moving snow with a Steiner - YouTube

Steve

Thank you Steve. I am not too worried about having a red headed step child, I wanted a mower that my wife would use. She seems to like this one, so it serves its purpose. It does cut nice, my goats take care of the brush. Thanks again.

Lnk