Got the Cat home today

/ Got the Cat home today #11  
Well, BobcatS250's post makes me feel better about my memory. I do remember that my 955 did weigh about 25K, because I have a written reminder somewhere from going across some scales on the highway once with the wrong weight plates on my trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Therefore, I wasn't that far off when I was guessing that it had around 90hp. Heck, by the time I finished with mine, it likely had dropped from 100hp to 90hp. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now is one of those times I wish I still had that thing. I knew I'd miss it! The odd thing is, that I sold it to an OB-GYN Dr. I guess it's not that odd, just sounds that way for a guy like him on a dozer.

/ Got the Cat home today #12  
Sure. (to sweettractor's post)

Yeah, I was surprised... usually Cat doesn't throw a lot more power or bucket capacity in the same frame with the same model number. Oh well.

/ Got the Cat home today
   / Got the Cat home today #14  
I disagree, they've been doing that very thing for years. Besides, the early 955s were based on D4 chassis. Later models were on the D6 chassis.

The D6 is another model that's grown nearly 3 times in size and output. The "D6" in D6 originally meant "Diesel, 60hp." The current D6R puts out 165hp.

/ Got the Cat home today #15  
This is a good point. More recently, however, horsepower increases haven't been too grandiose. (953B to 953C, 446 to 446D, 262 to 262B, 970F to 972G II, etc)

/ Got the Cat home today #16  
<font color="blue"> "operating a dozer is very relaxing, almost theraputic for relieving stress" </font>

Yeah... there's nothing quite like taking something you control through and over something that had been around for years. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Got the Cat home today
I have a spring on the farm that did supply water to the home stead before we got city water thru here about 35 years ago. Over time, dirt fell in around it and no water came to the top. I spent 2 hours this afternoon with the dozer and I have got the water going again. I will now, form a small holding pool with a spillway that will guide the water back underground. I feel good about fixing things back the way they used to be /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif--Ken Sweet

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC *Supplies for Wildlife Foodplots*