great tool manufact. service

/ great tool manufact. service #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
I decided to use my Milwaukee 1/2" hammer drill to mix some thinset mud the other day, using a paddle mixer. I had a bad feeling as I mixed, really laboring the poor drill, trying to go slowly enough not to throw the dry mortar out of the bucket while I added enough water for the cream-like final product. That drill got hot! The next time I went to mix with it, it only would run at one speed- full. Looking over the parts diagram, on-line, it was fairly obvious that only the trigger switch/spped control could be at fault. I called Milwaukee that very morning, confirmed my idea with a tech guy, and he switched me over to an order person. The next morning, I had a new switch in my mailbox, all for about $20. The drill works fine again. Pretty happy with the way they take care of the idiots who abuse their tools.

/ great tool manufact. service #2  
I had a similiar situation with a variable speed Dremel motor tool. The variable switch died and the receipt was long gone. Called the Dremel factory and they could tell by the serial number that it was still within their 5 year warranty. They repaired it no charge, no shipping, and threw in a Dremel flap wheel for my inconvenience. Had it back in one week, most of which was shipping time. I feel as you do that exceptional service deserves some recognition.

John

/ great tool manufact. service #3  
Yup,
Milwaukee's are pretty bullet proof. I've been using red since the early 1970's, and other than routine maintenance, have never had a problem with them. Brushes, switches, the occasional replacement cord, etc. the service center always came through as a shining example for the other brands to shoot for. But, only time will tell if they stay that way since TTI bought them out. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ great tool manufact. service #4  
John
"I feel as you do that exceptional service deserves some recognition."

Agree, and so I have to add an experiance of my own.

On a 10 my old Jonserad chainsaw the clutch stud on the crankshaft plain snapped off making the saw totally useless!

Contacted Jonserad Can service explaining the 'out of warrantee' failure and the fact that I had not even used more than 4-5 chains and was still on the origional bar.

After a few qualifing questions they gave me a NEW CRANKSHAFT, Ok, I also paid for $80.oo of pistons, bearings, gaskets etc needed for a complete rebuild, but I have a new saw out of it.

A bravo to Jonserad/Husky