GRIZZLY 700

/ GRIZZLY 700 #11  
don't know if the grizzly rearend is just like the rhino but if it is them mudlites will not last mine are not even a year old and the front tires are just about worn down to nuthin that permanatly locked rearend is a front tire killer it's pretty hard on the rear tires to but it's realy hard on the front. as for as the winchs when we was putting a winch on my buddies vinson500 gorrila told us the max was 3000 for an atv due to battery drain. i carry a big 50lb onion or potatoe sack full of ropes and tow straps sometimes when i get stuck or my buddies get stuck they way in the middle and they all look to me cause they know i got the ropes .

/ GRIZZLY 700 #12  
On my Rubicon the Mud-Lites have been on for 3 years, and i can't tell that they have any wear at all.... During hunting season i have to ride on the highway some & i have it in two-wheel drive... That helps on the fronts.

I carry a lot of straps & rope in an onion sack, and needed some extra at times.

Do you have any pictures of your "Grizzly 700" ??

/ GRIZZLY 700 #13  
might be a weight thing too the 4 wheelers are half the weight of a utv. the mudlites are supose to be made out of the same hard rubber as the 589's i had on my hpx and they lasted over 5 years but the rear end didn't try pushing the utv striaght ahead too.

/ GRIZZLY 700 #14  
might be a weight thing too the 4 wheelers are half the weight of a utv. the mudlites are supose to be made out of the same hard rubber as the 589's i had on my hpx and they lasted over 5 years but the rear end didn't try pushing the utv striaght ahead too.

Yes i would say that the weight has a lot to do with it.

Didn't you make a front-bumper for your Rhino??

My Father-in-law has made a few bumpers for ATV's.... On his front bumper after he made it, then he filled it full of buckshot.... and he did that to have some weight for his front-end on these steep hills, and it makes the bumper strong.

I bought my bumpers from the honda shop, and then he started making some.... and you can't tell the between the two.

/ GRIZZLY 700 #15  
no i didn't make the bumper yet but i added some pieces to my stock bumper like a middle grill to stop the sticks and two pipe on the bottom ends to help lay down small trees and bushs so they don't get close to the hood. so for it's worked great but this spring i wanna try to do the whole new bumper. i just been tied up a bit right now.

/ GRIZZLY 700 #16  
Congrats on the new purchase. I have an 06 Polaris 700. Wanted to echo that the stock tires are not hitting on much. I have ran over some Hawthorne or green briars with mine and put many small holes in the rear. I currently have been getting by using Slime. Since I don't ride mine a huge amount I am trying to delay the purchase of new tires.
I put a Venom 2500 lb winch on my unit and it has served well. I like the idea of the remote it has some I am not in line with the cable when pulling.

Enjoy your new ride.

/ GRIZZLY 700 #17  
i think that is a great price. i believe the grizzly has diff lock on the front end it also limits engine rpm's when engaged. i have a king quad that i paid almost that much for back in 05.

/ GRIZZLY 700
Thanks
yes it has diff lock and it works real good.I will use the stock tires until they wear out then will look into some better ones.I am going to get a winch for sure.
thanks for all the replies.

/ GRIZZLY 700 #19  
Thanks
yes it has diff lock and it works real good.I will use the stock tires until they wear out then will look into some better ones.I am going to get a winch for sure.
thanks for all the replies.

The winch on my Rubicon has been real handy on several things... I have pulled deer up steep hills, and used it with my snow-blade, pulled other ATVs out that were stuck and have used it to pull my ATV up real steep hills.... and the hills were so steep that if i didn't pull myself up, then i would take a risk of the ATV flipping backwards.

When i go back down the steep hills i put the Rubicon in low-gear, and let it idle down the hill...and it won't go over 3-mph no matter how steep the hill is.

I think a winch is the best thing that a person could put on an ATV.

I'm glad your liking your Grizzly!

Do you have any pics. of it???