Grizzly vs Kodiak

/ Grizzly vs Kodiak #22  
45hp in an ATV....Lord have mercy. Meanwhile I'm putting along in my 15.8 Hp kubota RTV500 lol
The Polaris Scrambler 1000 and the Can Am Renegade 1000 ATV's have 89 HP
Some of the turbo model side by sides are 150+ HP

/ Grizzly vs Kodiak #23  
I have a 2009 Grizzly 350, owned it since 2011 or 12, it's got over 1500 miles on it. It's main use was hauling creek gravel for driveway maintenance via a swisher universal bucket, I squeezed a 3000lb warn winch in the front when I bought the bucket. It's seen over 20 tons of wet sandy gravel so far and hasn't been phased other than frying the battery and possibly the starter. Also it's used for firewood, hauling trailers in the woods ext and occasionally for hunting, it's the camo package bike.

I have had many Yamaha ATVs and I haven't had a bad one, but the features I would really look at buying a new one would be a sealed transmission, multiple runs in the water on this 350cc Grizzly and the belts started to slip even know it's shaft driven, making it hard to pull itself out of the creek.

I would look at the ranges, this bike does not have low range and that really bothers me, I had a 93 Suzuki king quad with super low range and that really came in handy.

I would want deff lock, I have pulled a 35 ton husky log splitter and loaded trailers of firewood in the woods with this Grizzly, with out deff lock the bike would have never made it, I use deff lock more than regular 4x4 it seems, it really helps them pull harder and is invaluable in muddy conditions. I would pay extra for deff lock.

I'm partial to a semi manual trans with a strait rear axle though, the independent on this 350 is very comfortable cruising around but hooked to something with some tongue weight and the clearance suffers, flat ground no big deal but in any mud or woods it is a inconvenience not much of a prob.

The rest of the bells and whistles I wouldn't pay for, give me a green bike with deff lock, low range or super low and I'm happy.

A buddy of mine had a early 2000s 450 kodiak, it had 4x4 no deff and his also had a strait axel rear, seemed to be more basic. It also did have low range.

/ Grizzly vs Kodiak
We are retiring a 7yo Grizzly next summer and are considering the new Kodiak. Anyone out there have one in use??