Groundmaster 325D - steering cylinder

/ Groundmaster 325D - steering cylinder #1  

msnowden

Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF40
Hi, so my husband traded a tractor for a 1997 325D. rebuilt the engine, replaced some hoses, spent hour and hours on it and was elated to actually get it up an running. He mowed with it twice so far (does great) but today noticed the steering cylinder has sprung quite a leak. In looking for a rebuild kit, my local Toro dealer told me "I don't think those can be rebuilt" and that the steering cylinder is obsolete and unavailable. I called another and they told me there was no kit available and that the cylinder is obsolete. My husband is sure these can be rebuilt, so I'm here looking for help in finding the seal sizes or a rebuild kit. The Toro part number to the cylinder is 92-7829, this is what I need the kit for.

Has anyone else run into a similar situation? Any suggestions on fixing replacing this unavailable/obsolete part?

He can't have spent a month fixing this thing for a cylinder to cancel it all out. :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/ Groundmaster 325D - steering cylinder #2  
You could try to find a used part off of a salvaged machine, but it could be in no better shape than the one on your machine.

The part you are looking for is a two way hydraulic cylinder. Try taking it to a hydraulic repair shop. They likely would able to rebuild it using standard parts.

As a last resort, look for a two way hydraulic cylinder that is close in dimensions to yours and make whatever modifications are necessary to make it work.

/ Groundmaster 325D - steering cylinder #3  
Call the local golf courses and ask if they have a 325D parts machine.

And where to get parts.

/ Groundmaster 325D - steering cylinder
Thanks for the replies, for anyone wondering we did take it to a local hydraulic shop and they were able to rebuild it. They did say they have rebuilt several of these Toro cylinders. Cost us $106, but was out best option.