Oil & Fuel grr fuel leak GC2400

/ grr fuel leak GC2400 #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
break out of these posts
not sure why they show post title like that.

have not gotten screen removed yet to double check (still cold out and I'm disabled) but looks to be either pump or hose (hopefully) off pump and leak getting tossed around by driveshaft.

Capture.PNG

/ grr fuel leak GC2400
bingo. will patch/replace tomorrow.
pinhole was aimed directly at driveshaft also which spread the mess (even bumped it up so fan sucked in and spread that way too) all over the place. made it hard to find source.

/ grr fuel leak GC2400
oh its gonna be fun trying to change that out/repair it in 8-12 deg weather with snow tomorrow.
I may just leave it see if dealer has actual hose in stock monday morning when it will be 28 deg.

/ grr fuel leak GC2400 #4  
Maybe this old thread will help you, My fuel leak was about 2 years ago.

KC

/ grr fuel leak GC2400
My issue is preformed line off pump and hole at beginning of 90deg bend all while being within inch of pump output.
Very easy to restrict flow at that point.
And where these pumps WELL under .5gpm that matters.
1/2 inch other way I could easily use tube to patch.
And patch would prob be permanent
Just the worst possible spot on that line.
I really don't have distance to put patch clamp in place as well as clamp on pump output.
Yup worst possible place
I'll let it warm up to 20 f over next 2 days and make repair decisions Monday.

/ grr fuel leak GC2400
course grey skies and threats of snow and sleet today.
I'll cut off the protective shielding today mark the actual pinhole prep a copper tubing patch for area.
then tomorrow when clearer skies do the actual patch.
did find out this morning, before skies turned dark, bends are gentle enough I can follow them with tubing bender. for a patch
honestly I just don't feel like messing with it today LOL

/ grr fuel leak GC2400
temporarily fixed just in time for snow and ice over next 2 days.
luckily I had enough slack to trim and pull back onto pump as break was right at pump nipple end. no way to inset copper and patch as it would have pushed line towards driveshaft as I would have had to add 2 inches to line to allow insert to fit.
lines from tank to pump, pump to filter, filter to injection pump are all brittle so ordering 45$ of lines monday and will replace in spring when under doing other work.
but for now it runs, still few drops on snow but thats prob because belly pan full of fuel.

Last edited:
   / grr fuel leak GC2400 #8  
Got home from my Brazil trip after 90 plus days and the first thing I did(not kidding either) was check on my GC2410. Sure enough I see now that there is a small fuel leak in the same spot.

/ grr fuel leak GC2400
Got home from my Brazil trip after 90 plus days and the first thing I did(not kidding either) was check on my GC2410. Sure enough I see now that there is a small fuel leak in the same spot.
I ordered all 3 hoses, 54$ I'll replace them in spring.
for 2400 parts are:
tank to pump: 6243386M91
pump to filter: 6254170M1
filter to injection pump: 4264890M1

mine are all really weak so...do once do right.