Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #1  

Hiltz

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 790
Just bought a Central Machinery bandsaw on local Craigslist for $100.00 From all the reviews I have read its a very useable saw "for the money". I thought I would upgrade the stand, so the first project for the saw was to build a better one. I used some 1 1/2 x 1/8 angle and laid out the table legs with the same angle as the original. To attach the saw to the stand I tapped out the original holes on the saw to accept a bolt then welded a small vertical plate at these locations. Four bolts hold the saw. As the photos show I added wheels for ease of mobility. If you ocasionally need to cut metal this is really a nice little saw for the money and sure beats using an abrasive saw.

Attachments

• DSCN0107.jpg
    DSCN0107.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 2,342
  • DSCN0108.jpg
    DSCN0108.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 1,637
   / Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #2  
Nice job!

I have the Canadian version (yellow) princess auto

I'm with you for the $$ great saw!

Enjoy

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #3  
if i rebuilt the stand for mine it would include a better chip table capable of flood type cooling found on larger H-saws

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #4  
Nice work, Hiltz and a good buy for $100.:thumbsup:

I would be interested to know if you find that the saw walks while cutting. The wheels on all four corners makes me think it would.

I often cut pieces off of 20 foot joints and the saw walking would make that difficult if not impossible.

Been wanting to build a new stand for my saw and haven't decided what I want.

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand
I too thought about a cooling pump, but due to the cost, time involved in construction, and my casual use of the bandsaw , i decided to keep it simple. Please attach pictures when you finish yours.

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand
It has not walked yet. I was going to get locking wheels but they were pricey. I also thought if I had any problems I would weld the front wheels in the front back position. If that didnt do it I would also weld the back wheels so they wouldnt turn.

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #7  
if i rebuilt the stand for mine it would include a better chip table capable of flood type cooling found on larger H-saws

I used an aluminum cookie sheet for this even though I don't have a coolant system.

I also bolted two pieces of angle to the factory legs and screwed a piece of plywood to them and that mad the factory stand much better.

The original poster's stand looks great.

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #8  
My saw has a handle in the front and fixed wheels in the rear, so it makes it easy to move and doesn't walk. But I do like your stand:thumbsup: I've been too lazy to build a new one. Those sheetmetal stands wiggle alot!!

/ Harbor Freight metal bandsaw stand #9  
My experience is like that, too. Wheels on the two back legs at the motor and no wheels on the front legs plus a handle are a good way to make the tool mobile, yet stable, too.