Hard to locate/identify components when Case IH paints the entire engine black.

/ Hard to locate/identify components when Case IH paints the entire engine black. #1  

dpauly

Tractor
Branson 3120R
Hey all. Trying to troubleshoot the dreaded 'engine cranks; momentary start; won't run' situation I'm having with my 2016 Farmall 50A. Filters are good. Battery charged. Fresh fuel. Thinking it might be the Fuel Shutoff Solenoid or the Fuel Shutoff Relay. There's a component on the front of the Injector Pump that looks like it might be the Solenoid. Has a 2 wire connector but as the title of this post says, it's completely blacked out: no numbers, no letters, no nothing. I paid to download a digital manual that's supposedly for this model but it is bass-ackward for many components (e.g. says the F.S. Solenoid is located on the R/H side of the engine when the fuel injection system and components on my tractor are all on the L/H side (A monkey pox on the house of those who sell Manuals meant for Europe to us unsuspecting schmucks here in the U.S.) No idea where the F.S. RELAY might be located; unless it's in that set of 2 boxes located up front above the alarm Buzzer and identified as something other than the F.S. Relay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and spring for an 'official' Repair Manual (unless someone has some horror stories about those, too.) Thanks in advance.

/ Hard to locate/identify components when Case IH paints the entire engine black.
OK, just located what looks like a good (digital) manual on eBay that applies to U.S. tractors. Will let you know if it's everything it claims to be.

/ Hard to locate/identify components when Case IH paints the entire engine black.
Just received the digital manual(s) mentioned in my last post. If you're looking for an equivalent to a Factory Service Manual, don't waste your money.