Hard working new BX24!

/ Hard working new BX24! #11  
samofsweden said:
... Kubotas original oil called UDT (if I remember right) is there a translation for that oil, I mean what other oil can I use insted ...

I believe that " Duratran* Synthetic " would be one of the equivalents available in Europe. Here is a Swedish telephone number for you to call: 040-402610 for further info.

/ Hard working new BX24!
Volfandt said:
Congrats on your new arrival, I can still remember the day when mine was delivered :D

To answer a few of your questions.
There have been several posters that have had great success with useing hydrostatic oil made for other tractors. As long as the label states that it is compatable with Kubota UDT you should be fine.
With that said, Kubota actually recommends you use SUDT (Super UDT) in your BX24. The main difference between UDT & SUDT is SUDT is a multiweight oil and UDT is a straight weight oil. SUDT is supposedly rated better for cold weather operation. But there have been posters that have reported no problems with UDT in the colder climates. I use SUDT but if all I could get was UDT I wouldn't hessitate to use it.

You asked in another thread if the BX24 and BX2350 were similar and YES they are. Basically, the main difference between them is the BX24 has an additional hydraulic connection & subframe added to support the backhoe. Of course the seat mount & ROPS are different but they rarely need servicing.
The engine, HST, electrics, hydraulics (except the remote BH connection) sheet metal & plastic, filters oil, etc., are all the same. They have the same FEL and MMM also.

Good luck with your new machine, it should work out very well for you.
Volfandt thanks for your help! I will look into the oil. Good to know that BX2350 and BX24 share most of the important service parts.
Thanks.
/Sam

/ Hard working new BX24!
swmpbgy1 said:
Nice looking rig! Not to hijack the post, but was that a Nissan SUV pulling your new toy....I mean tool?

Thanks.....
Swmpbgy1
Hi, yes its a Nissan Patrol (Y61) 2005 model. Comes here in Sweden with a 4 barrel 3.0 liter diesel engine 161hp ,chipped to 190hp. Solid front and rear axles, Factory rear locker. I got a Old Man Emu +2inc, (shocks/springs) lift with Cooper ST 35inc. tires. Very nice Truck.
/Sam

/ Hard working new BX24!
Singlecoil said:
Congrats Sam! It looks like you got the hang of that new tractor (learned to use it) rather quickly.
Good call on putting the skid plates on right away. I only have the rear one, but I am sure it has already saved me lots of money by protecting that plastic fan.
Thanks Singlecoil! Im enjoying BX 100%, best buy for me so far!
/Sam

/ Hard working new BX24!
lp333 said:
I believe that " Duratran* Synthetic " would be one of the equivalents available in Europe. Here is a Swedish telephone number for you to call: 040-402610 for further info.
Your a Top man! With Swedish phonenumber:D Im impressed! I will look in to it, thanks again!
/Sam

/ Hard working new BX24!
Thanks to you all guys out their for your generous positive replies!
Keep on diggin;)
/Sam