Hardy problems

/ Hardy problems #1  

Anonymous Poster

hey guys I own one of the Hardy tractors. It is a 25 horse power diesel. We have had nothing but problems with this tractor and I would not advise anyone to get one. The biggest defect is the front steering knuckle (we have 4-wheel drive and a loader). They ran only one hydraulic on the left side and push all the force through a "Y" type steering knuckle, transferring the force through a tie-rod to the right side. In the first year this piece has broken at least 7 times. We finally had it welded and then the front end broke in 3 other different spots! Can you believe it?!! Also the 3-point hitch isn't working and the valve box has gone out twice. When we got into this box we saw a improperly seated O-ring and an overtightened set screw on the little plunger inside...poor workmanship. I have used this tractor in a normal fashion (grading gravel, lifting a few square bails, mowing our 10 acres with a 5 foot brushhog). I have rented all of the other major 25 horse (Kubota, Deere, Massey) each of these I have worked very hard and nothing has ever broken. So, in a word, the Hardy diesel is JUNK. The motor has good power but the ergonomics and basic construction of everything else is below standard. Yea, the price is great but like so many things...you get what you pay for. Also (have you heard enough?), after one year you can forget any customer service. After the second year, your on your own for parts. They promised me there was local service where I live but the dealers they mentioned had quit doing Hardys. If there are any others who know what I'm talking about I'd like to hear if I have the only lemon out there. Thanks. Chris

/ Hardy problems #2  
Chris, Problems? It's more like a nightmare. I've been searching for specific info on Chinese tractors and it's hard to come by. So what I'm thinking is, how hard is it to get parts and service? Dealers who sell and service these tractors for more than a couple of years seem to be few and far between.
From my research, it appears that there is more than one tractor factory in China. Nortracks and Rhinos seem to be coming from the Yengcheng Jnma factory, but theres no way of knowing where the other brands are coming from. So, it's impossible to tell if one factory is producing a better tractor than another.
Well, I understand John Deere has bought 51% of the Tianjin factory, maybe they can teach the Communists how to build a tractor.
ErnieB