Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders?

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders? #1  

Cat_Driver

Elite Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota 4060, 2017 Tackeuchi excavator TB260
I'm not running my 4060 like a maniac but this makes twice that I bent both cylinders. The first tim they needed to replace the cylinders, this time they were able to bend them back.

I'm thinking it's time to go with a bigger bore cylinder. Any suggestions?

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders? #2  
So tell us, were the cylinders fully extended when they bent? The farther the extension the more chance of bending the rods and bigger cylinders may help but a review of your usage practice would be better

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders? #3  
I am also interested in upgrading mine in my m7060 seems they are pretty easy to bend

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders? #4  
Cylinder rods are all made from hard chromed mild steel, don't matter how large the cylinders are, all the same.

A larger cylinder with a larger piston rod may be less prone to bending but they will bend if abused as well..

Let me guess, you bent them while backdragging with the bucket lip down (which puts the rods at full extension and their weakest point, something you should NEVER do. All you need to do is catch something (like a buried rock for instance) with the bucket lip down (and rods at full extension and viola, they bend

Never bent one but then I never doo that, ever. If I want to back drag, I use the heel of the bucket, always.

You can install larger cylinders with larger diameter piston rods but, at full extension, the result will be the same.

How it plays no matter how large or small the tractor is, once you abuse them and exceed the design limits,. bad things happen.

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders?
So tell us, were the cylinders fully extended when they bent? The farther the extension the more chance of bending the rods and bigger cylinders may help but a review of your usage practice would be better
I seriously don't remember doing anything abrupt with the bucket. Heck, they didn't even look bent, they would just have bucket draw down as I was carrying some sand. Then got worse. I could understand if I was hot dogging with it, back dragging at high angles, or digging into the sand pile at extended angles, but it was a normal day. Obviously, I bent them, that's why I'm thinking of a heavier rod because whatever I did was too much.

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders?
Cylinder rods are all made from hard chromed mild steel, don't matter how large the cylinders are, all the same.

A larger cylinder with a larger piston rod may be less prone to bending but they will bend if abused as well..

Let me guess, you bent them while backdragging with the bucket lip down (which puts the rods at full extension and their weakest point, something you should NEVER do. All you need to do is catch something (like a buried rock for instance) with the bucket lip down (and rods at full extension and viola, they bend

Never bent one but then I never doo that, ever. If I want to back drag, I use the heel of the bucket, always.

You can install larger cylinders with larger diameter piston rods but, at full extension, the result will be the same.

How it plays no matter how large or small the tractor is, once you abuse them and exceed the design limits,. bad things happen.
The thing is I wasn't abusing the bucket, but obviously, I bent the rods. I was using a grappler before using the bucket to get some sand. The only thing that I recall is the grappler curled down hard. The drawdown started with the grapple on so I disconnected the grapple thinking the drawdown came from the grapple hydraulic connection.

I guess there was enough inertia when the grapple turned down to carry torque to the rods and bend them upwards as the grapple curled down.

From now on I'm going to handle the cylinders with kid gloves when the rods are extended, but still, look for an upgrade to a beefier rod.

/ Has anyone upgraded their Kubota bucket tilt Cylinders? #7  
i noticed with my 4060 the bucket hit hard when opening or closing when it hit the stops . took a few times to adjust my thinking to how it operated.