Loader hauling 1,000 lb bales with a small tractor

/ hauling 1,000 lb bales with a small tractor #21  
Thank you for your concerns. It would be tough for the bale to role back into the tractor as there is a 2 1/2 foot receiver welded to the bucket for moving trailers in the yard. It would have to jump over this to dump on the cab.

I'm pretty against the 'safety police' mentality on here, but this is something I have to agree with the others on. Handling any kind of big bales without a bale spear is just asking for trouble. If you were to accidentally roll the bucket back just a few more degrees, or go up any kind of grade, that bale would be in your lap. Same thing with balancing logs on the edge of a bucket. At the very least you need to get a set of pallet forks.

/ hauling 1,000 lb bales with a small tractor #22  
Thank you for your concerns. It would be tough for the bale to role back into the tractor as there is a 2 1/2 foot receiver welded to the bucket for moving trailers in the yard. It would have to jump over this to dump on the cab.
It isn't going anywhere the way you have that small section of bail secured. It can't come over backwards. There is plenty of ballast with your back hoe and mowing deck attached for the amount of straw upfront. The camera angle of the photograph makes the amount of straw look much larger than it really is. When you compare it to the picture of your loader bucket with tree trunk rounds in it there is not that much straw. The receiver hitch is hidden behind the bail, but you can see the trailer ball above the bail in the second picture of your tractor. I agree with your son that you did a fine job spreading out that straw. :2cents:

135726d1248457372-bx24-max-bucket-lift-wood-kubota_silverfir-jpg

378997d1402628855-hauling-1-000-lb-bales-strawtractor_8234-jpg

Last edited: