Having some fun.

/ Having some fun. #12  
Thomas,

Was this a county fair up in the Mtns of NH or VT? Great photos - as I haven't seen the small tractors pull since my days in PA fairs years ago..

Carl

/ Having some fun.
Stop pulling and sold my Power King 14hp & Speedex 1832 couple of years ago /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif but I still have the itch. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Having some fun.
Yes sir..Lancaster,NH /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif and the weather was indeed grand but the traffic was bummper to bumper the last three days. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Having some fun. #15  
I met a fella in the Wal Mart parking lot, a couple years ago, with two older Craftsman tractors on a snowmoblie trailer, set up with weights and aggressive tires. He said the quickest and best way to get into it is to look for old Craftsman tractors with Kohler engines, because the engines are strong, and they likely have the srongest transmissions - his tractors weren't works of art, but they were clean, looked tough, and he was having a ball with his son. He said that the old Craftsman units, not being JD of another brand name, come cheaper.

Can anyone back up this info? I'm familiar with Kohler products, not Craftsman. Seems very practical, and applicable to buying a beater mower, too.

/ Having some fun.
Pulling in the lite classes Craftman do set the pace,but when the sled starts to add up IH & JD & AC etc.. have a stronger frame...far as transmission..I would go w/a shart drive.